Hacking Wii External HD and a few other questions...

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a hardmodded Wii, with Wasabi, and I updated all the softmod stuff on when New Super Mario Bros was released. I haven't really touched it sense. I always make backups and burn them to DVD-R, but was curious if I could use an external HD and read them off of it.

I have a WD Passport 160GB I could use, but I'm not sure if that's supported. Is there some sort of tutorial on how to get started using a HD to load my backups vs burning DVD-Rs?

Also, are there any important soft-mods I need since the ones requires to get NSMB working?

Thanks...

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, one more question, is there a way to shrink the ISOs? I know there was a scrubber program a long time ago, but I haven't seen any references to it lately to know if it's still usable.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes,, u can use external HD.
Use ModMii to get necessary files.
Use FAT32 and CFG USB Loader.
Use WiiBackupManager 0.3.5 beta1 to compress ur games to cISO images.
enjoy HD power
wink.gif

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just format your Hard disk in FAT32. You can use modmii to find a formatter if you dont know how to do that.
NSMB is supported by all new backup loader.
As for scrubbing, the .WBFS format for games is the equivalent and is default for all loaders.
You can rip the games with loaders too (original amd backup) to WBFS format.
Just check this thread
Oh and wii backup manager is the program to use for your PC to put games on your HD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong