Hacking Wii eShop games on redNAND

donkeyxote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, first a huge thank you to the community here for the tools and easy to follow guides. I got my WiiU set up today with Mocha CFW (CBHC), auto boots into redNAND, and have successfully played a few WiiU games that I installed on an external HDD with WUP installer. Piece of cake.

Now, my question is about installing and playing Wii games. I searched and found some conflicting information that might be out of date, so there are probably others wondering the same thing. I've been using the WiiU USB helper program to download games. Now when I download an original Wii game from there (I want to play Skyward Sword and Super Mario Galaxy for example) how does that work? Are they 1. Wii game files that have been ported to the WiiU since they're available in the eShop? Meaning that I follow the same process to install and play as a native WiiU game downloaded using WiiU USB helper? Or 2. do I have to boot into sysNAND, load vWii, install the home brew channel there, then install the game to be always played through vWii on sysNAND?

I'm wondering the same thing about the other virtual console games downloadable through WiiU USB helper. There are some DS and N64 games I'd like to play too.

Help is greatly appreciated, cheers!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a good question. I know that the saves r compatible with the virtual wii, 'cause I did test super mario galaxy 2 which I bought.

D

Deleted User

vWii doesn't work work with redNAND as far as i know.
So you can't even purchase games in Wii Shop Channel. [Hell, even vWii titles don't boot]

Continuing the question: vWii VC titles apparently emulate themselves as "Wii disc".
Yes, they can be installed to home menu like every other VC title. You can't inject another rom into that vWii VC title. [For now.] They boot into vWii, leaving Wii U meaning that every homebrew like Padcon will not work.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night