Wii error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by shady1uk, Dec 28, 2011.

Dec 28, 2011

Wii error by shady1uk at 4:20 AM (441 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. shady1uk
    OP

Newcomer shady1uk Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have a problem when booting up the wii, it says:
    error could not open file press any key to reboot.

If i put in my SD card and usb it boots up ok into the cfg loader, but if i have them out it brings up the above message.
    From the usb loaders i have tried installing a game but have had a few errors such as error 721, error 1167 and error ret= -2 aswell as disc not loading in the disc channel.
    My wii is on 4.3e running priiloader
    Does anyone know what the problem is.

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    The problem is that you set it to autoboot an app on your SD/USB. If they aren't there, then of course it's going to give you an error.

3. shady1uk
    OP

Newcomer shady1uk Newbie

United Kingdom
    Your reply still doesn't explain what or why the errors such as error 721, error 1167 and error ret= -2 still come up whether i have it on auto boot or not or sd/usb plugged in or not.
    I still need to know what the errors are as it is not reading discs on disc channel and brining the other errors up in other usb loaders.
    Game backups from usb work fine but won't install or read disc when the plus button is pressed.

4. kano

Newcomer kano Advanced Member

Malta
    as JoostinOnline said your wii is set to autoboot an app on your SD/USB in this case cfg loader, by removing them you are given the error since it cant find the app given to load
    just turn off your wii and turn it on while holding the reset button to boot into priiloader and make sure your autoboot is set to system menu
    Im sorry but if you still cant understand this no one can help

5. shady1uk
    OP

Newcomer shady1uk Newbie

United Kingdom
    I do understand and am not your average noob, i have tried the system menu in priiloader and still the same problem, this was the 1st thing i tried even before i posted on here.
    This problem as not always been like this but come up recently without any moddification.
    Also i don't think you are getting the point to the questions, what are these errors "error 721, error 1167 and error ret= -2".
    And why even if the auto app is disabled and system menu enabled i still can't boot in without the SD, it should boot into system menu automatically.
    Do you not agree?
    I appreciate you trying to help and am greatfull but all im trying to do is find out what the problem is, wether its a couple of things like damaged dvd drive as to why its not reading disc or corrupt /incorrect ios as to why its not booting like it should and decided not to read discs at the same time.
    And as i have already tried your suggestions it is obviously not what you say it is.

6. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Check Priiloader's settings and make sure that Use System Menu IOS (or something like that) is set to On. If it's not, then do so and try loading the SM. If it is, follow the SysCheck guide in my signature.