Hacking Wii error problem

samantha ireland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all hi to all the people on this forum. I have just got my Wii chipped with the Wiikey, I have tried burning with 3 media types using Imgburn. I have burnt at 4x,6x and it coming up sometimes with Disk Read Error during game play,sometimes but no all the time.

What could this be?
Probly something simple but i cant seem to find out.

samantha ireland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My verbatim dvd-r wont work at all. I have just tried copying a iso with a disk I bought out of the pound shop by my house. I like in the UK, it is working fie.
The disc has got a big purple R on it thats it, anyone know what make these are as i will buy a 100 . Or is it just me being stupid and the make is R lol?

JesterDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My verbatim dvd-r wont work at all. I have just tried copying a iso with a disk I bought out of the pound shop by my house. I like in the UK, it is working fie.
The disc has got a big purple R on it thats it, anyone know what make these are as i will buy a 100 . Or is it just me being stupid and the make is R lol?

You have the right type of media, (I suggest -R not +R just a personal preference) but you really should not by no name media. I have had no problems at all with whatever media I try, but even for me there are limits. Just buy a higher quality media and you should be fine. Depending on the frequency of the errors, that low quality media just may be your problem.

bliss-chris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's a little comparison of the two formats, which depicts how different they are internally (DVD+-R comparison). Well, there are plenty of pros and cons for both formats. Chiip e.g. says -R is better because of a higher lifespan of the DVD laser (Wii compatible media). For the user the two formats don't make much of a difference. But unfortunately i also don't know what exactly makes the difference for the Wii why one works better than the other.

How come people say the -R work better what is the difference between the two types -and + ?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The disc has got a big purple R on it thats it, anyone know what make these are as i will buy a 100 . Or is it just me being stupid and the make is R lol?I believe these may be Ritek branded discs. I've seen purple Ritek discs with a lighter purple R on them before.
The Verbatims should be fine though so don't rush out to buy them. If you have the disc you can find it's manufacturer info in IMGburn by putting the disc in and loading IMGburn. The manufacturer ID should be in the right hand pane of the IMGburn window.
I am using a Pioneer K17RS. I use Nero 7 to burn.
If I'm not wrong that is a laptop drive, is it not? A fairly new one?
If so I would advise trying another burner, preferably a well known quality full size (desktop) one.
I was referring to the drives internal firmware before but I can't find firmware for your drive at all as yet. Using NERO or IMGburn or any ISO burning software should be fine. I recommend IMGburn though.

Try burn one of those Verbatims in another drive and see if that works.
The cheap disc might work better with your burner but that still doesn't make it an ideal combination.

samantha ireland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes its a acer aspire 5610z. I have got a old pioneer DVD burner in a desktop PC upstairs. Are laptop burners not as good as desktop or something ?
Would you suggest trying the Verbatims in my old Pioneer upstairs.

I use image burn, just put one of the discs in with the purple R on it. It came up Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20

Just typed Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20 in google and it comes up Verbatim. Does that mean them Discs with the purple R on are Verbatim ?

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The position of the Wii sometimes makes a difference.

How do you know and what position is best?

You have to test to find out which position reads best. I have my Wii laying flat and it has never given me a dre. I have a Wiinja V2 and use TDK 1-16x media and burn with Nero 7 @ 4x and sometimes 8x. I always burn on my desktop. I have heard of people having problems with games they burn on their laptop drive.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes its a acer aspire 5610z. I have got a old pioneer DVD burner in a desktop PC upstairs. Are laptop burners not as good as desktop or something ?
Would you suggest trying the Verbatims in my old Pioneer upstairs.

I use image burn, just put one of the discs in with the purple R on it. It came up Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20

Just typed Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20 in google and it comes up Verbatim. Does that mean them Discs with the purple R on are Verbatim ?
Laptop DVD-RW drives are often not very good. I'm really unsure about your particular burner though.

Yes to the trying the Verbatims in the desktop Pioneer. Older Pioneer drives have had their share of problems too though, try updating the firmware in it if you have problems. You can check for a firmware update through IMGburn like so:-
ibfw.JPG

The MCC discs mean they have a recording layer manufactured by Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. A lot of different brands use their recording layer so it doesn't tell you what brand they are.

samantha ireland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have got the latest firmware. I have just got cooking mama on NTSC my system is PAL. I put the 1.2 configuration disc in and put on regoin over ride. But the game did not work.
Any ideas ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...