Hacking Wii Emergency help please

klight18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok long story short, i softmodded a friends wii, he returned the wii to me bricked, the wii doesnt have the homebrew channel anymore and it wont load in system menu. it loads into preloader or into bootmii. i have made a NAND backup before giving him the wii. how do i restore the wii back with the backup? or how do i fix the wii in general? he also said he started having problems loading backups and said he tried to update the wii to start "fresh" even after i told him not to update his wii. he thought that updating his wii will reset it and remove all homebrew and stuff on it so he could do it again himself.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you can load into preloader you can load into hbc.

if you made a NAND backup, load into bootmii and go to the settings, then restore NAND from SD Card

b60f7a7f120366e6caa4c48dc3c.png

3c602d72d37670e2a70be755ad4.png

place the nand.bin on the root of your sd card.

klight18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow.. um i know i installed bootmii as boot2 succesfully but when i insert my sd card it loads me into wad manager 1.4 what do i have to do to go into bootmii? and i made the backup with the softmii NAND browser and its labeled 00000042.app i tried using preloader to boot into the HBC channel but it wont. my friend said he removed it before attempting to update the wii

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
klight18 said:
wow.. um i know i installed bootmii as boot2 succesfully but when i insert my sd card it loads me into wad manager 1.4 what do i have to do to go into bootmii? and i made the backup with the softmii NAND browser and its labeled 00000042.app i tried using preloader to boot into the HBC channel but it wont. my friend said he removed it before attempting to update the wii

Why God why?

Why must people with no knowledge do such things?

I think your pal deleted the NAND backup on the SD card and with no access to the HBC, you may be fucked. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

klight18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
i successfully softmodded MY wii and it works perfectly fine and plays every backup and game just fine. idk why he was having problems with it.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
klight18 said:

That softmii nand browser backup is NOT a NAND backup. It is basically just a normal system menu that you would install to return the theme you installed to normal.

When you boot your Wii, it loads you into wad manager because of cboot2.

You would need to get the regular bootmii files again and boot the wii up with those files in it instead of the cboot2 files to load up bootmii, but since you don't have a real NAND backup, bootmii won't do you any good since the HBC is gone as well.

Since you can boot up to that wad manager from cboot2 now anyways, you might as well use that to try to install the most recent IOS60 and the 4.1 system menu wad OF YOUR REGION. Then see if your system menu comes back and then reinstall everything you need using one of the stickied guides.

klight18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
klight18 said:

That softmii nand browser backup is NOT a NAND backup. It is basically just a normal system menu that you would install to return the theme you installed to normal.

When you boot your Wii, it loads you into wad manager because of cboot2.

You would need to get the regular bootmii files again and boot the wii up with those files in it instead of the cboot2 files to load up bootmii, but since you don't have a real NAND backup, bootmii won't do you any good since the HBC is gone as well.

Since you can boot up to that wad manager from cboot2 now anyways, you might as well use that to try to install the most recent IOS60 and the 4.1 system menu wad OF YOUR REGION. Then see if your system menu comes back and then reinstall everything you need using one of the stickied guides.

sorry if this is a stupid question but where can i get the system menu wad 4.1u?

mrgarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Step:

1. Load it up
tongue.gif

2. Click "Database" at the top of the screen -> System -> System Menu -> v449 (4.1U)
3. Select "Pack -> Wad" at the bottom of the window
4. Start NUS Download!
5. Grab the newly made .wad file out of the "0000000100000002" folder

Redo setps but select Database -> IOS -> IOS 60 -> v6174

You'll need both those

klight18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrgarrison said:
Step:

1. Load it up
tongue.gif

2. Click "Database" at the top of the screen -> System -> System Menu -> v449 (4.1U)
3. Select "Pack -> Wad" at the bottom of the window
4. Start NUS Download!
5. Grab the newly made .wad file out of the "0000000100000002" folder

Redo setps but select Database -> IOS -> IOS 60 -> v6174

You'll need both those

thank you so much but i have a problem, i cant click anything when i load it up. only a giant button that says generate certs but when i click it i get "cannot connect to remote server" and "unhandeled exceptions occured" or something like that
frown.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
klight18 said:
mrgarrison said:

im having a problem using NUSD. can you give me a quick run down of what i need to do to obtain it? i get an error using it

Check the offline guide of the dude who posted here first.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

particularly the part that says:

then get NUS Downloader

extract from NUSDv12.zip and open this program up

Check "pack -> wad" on the bottom first

and on the top where it says "database" click &

navigate to system, system menu, choose v449 [4.1u] [[450 4.1e for pal users]] and click start NUS Download.

and then

navigate to IOS, IOS 60, choose v6174 and click start NUS Download.

Don't follow the instructions to uncheck the pack to wad for that one though. In this case you want IOS60 as a wad.

klight18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster i did, but i cant even do anything with NUSD because everytime i click generate certs i get some error.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
klight18 said:
nabster i did, but i cant even do anything with NUSD because everytime i click generate certs i get some error.

Did you try downloading the version posted in that offline guide thread that includes that database.xml file with it?

Edit: This one

klight18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh...! what do i do?! ive been trying to fix this for days and ive been searching everywhere. is NUSD not working because i have 64bit vista?

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running 64-bit windows 7 and NUSD is working just fine.

Here are some tentative solutions:
1. Right click NUS downloader.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
2. Windows XP compatability mode? (I dont think this will help but go ahead)
3. This program requires .NET 2.0. Vista should not have a problem with this, but try downloading and installing both these (x86 - x64) just for completeness sake
4. Go find a different computer and run NUSD from there in order to create the wads you need (there are a half bazillion computers in the world, you should have access to more than one)
5.Whine at somebody (via pm) to do something illegal for you (create the wads and send them to you [NOT recommended... at all])

I'm certain that one of these options will solve your problem

... Before you ask, I will not do anything for you concerning #5

... I never knew until I read this thread that they had a database for this program, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.