Homebrew Wii DVD Support - from Disc Channel

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, but.

Really, this is a neat project and impressive ingenuity. But Wii's disk drive is its single weakest component. Distribution of this code is going to contribute to the permanent retirement of more Wiis.

Oh well, this is less destructive than people learning wavedashing. Those poor, poor Gamecube controllers.

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, but again I don't know if CinePlayer Beta uses the Wii's disc drive or an external one
Additionally, I might be able to get the source code and someone who is motivated may change it to an external drive

I personally have an external disc drive because my laptop didn't come with one so that it could be slightly smaller.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It would work if you replace Nintendo's RSA key with Riiconnect24's RSA key in the 00000006.app file of the IOS. It's as easy as finding Nintendo's RSA key and replacing it with RC24's
This is an interesting idea, and I could integrate this pretty seamlessly into ModMii... I just don't think there's much demand for it. It would only benefit users who use disc games from the disc channel (so already only works on older wii's) who also want to use RiiConnect24's WiiMail

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is an interesting idea, and I could integrate this pretty seamlessly into ModMii... I just don't think there's much demand for it. It would only benefit users who use disc games from the disc channel (so already only works on older wii's) who also want to use RiiConnect24's WiiMail
It could Also benefit those wanting to Use Riiconnect24 on older firmwares, since they have less anti-Homebrew protections in them, that might seem dumb to some people but keep in mind that IOS58 installer exists because there are people who don't want to upgrade to 4.3

NewGBAXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome ive wanted to watch dvds on my wii for ages!
You can already do that with WiiMC, this is slightly better I guess because it is from the Disc Channel instead of Homebrew.

Update: the ex-dev said he was unsuccessful with getting any more information so I am going to have to do some more research and contacting.

Reactions: Crazynoob458

nerdlevel1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im aware of wii mc but havent tried it out yet dont most dvds with copy protection not work or something tho?-

NewGBAXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the theme does is re-enable the DVD icon. For anything to work, there needs to be a hidden "plugin" channel. Even if a homebrew one is made, I still need to know what the title ID is for it, there is a chance the System Menu checks to see if its installed.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
All the theme does is re-enable the DVD icon. For anything to work, there needs to be a hidden "plugin" channel. Even if a homebrew one is made, I still need to know what the title ID is for it, there is a chance the System Menu checks to see if its installed.
What Unused title IDs are left that it might be?

NewGBAXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Unused title IDs are left that it might be?
Second post:
"Guess: the ID is HA*A. H is for System Channels. The last A is for region free. The middle two letters are for the actual title ID.

Unused IDs: HAHA, HAIA, HANA, HAOA, HAQA, HARA, HASA, HAUA, HAXA.

HAMA has been recently leaked last fall to be Virtual Console Manual Viewer Menu. It is a debugging menu.
HAKA & HALA are EULA & Region Select, respectively, 2 of 3 known hidden channels."

of course the ID may not be HA*A.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Second post:
"Guess: the ID is HA*A. H is for System Channels. The last A is for region free. The middle two letters are for the actual title ID.

Unused IDs: HAHA, HAIA, HANA, HAOA, HAQA, HARA, HASA, HAUA, HAXA.

HAMA has been recently leaked last fall to be Virtual Console Manual Viewer Menu. It is a debugging menu.
HAKA & HALA are EULA & Region Select, respectively, 2 of 3 known hidden channels."

of course the ID may not be HA*A.
Only way to find out would be to install them and test I guess

NewGBAXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG update! The July 20 leak "teru-sama_mail_2006.7z" in "Sent attachment" -> "060623_00" has System Menu Development.doc has a lot of useful info about the project!

It CONFIRMS that DVD Channel was a separate channel from the System Menu, most likely a plugin, and would have been included in an update from a disc (i.e. Startup Disc), internet update, disc update, or maybe some other way

Keep y'all posted!

Reactions: banjo2

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
BIG update! The July 20 leak "teru-sama_mail_2006.7z" in "Sent attachment" -> "060623_00" has System Menu Development.doc has a lot of useful info about the project!

It CONFIRMS that DVD Channel was a separate channel from the System Menu, most likely a plugin, and would have been included in an update from a disc (i.e. Startup Disc), internet update, disc update, or maybe some other way

Keep y'all posted!

Maybe a ‘hidden channel’ similar to DVDX? Just have the disc channel chain load the necessary software.

Also, is this a new Gigaleak? Surprised that isn’t a headline.

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Keep y'all posted!
amazing! cant wait to see whats happens next

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night