Wii DVD rom drive won't eject or take DVDs.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tomobobo, Jul 6, 2007.

Jul 6, 2007
  1. Tomobobo
    OP

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Ok, just got a warrantied wii in, and had a drive controller without cut pins, stuck it in the new wii. Now the drive won't eject or take DVDs, I'm betting I've blown a fuse somehow, but I don't know how I would have. Is there a simple way to fix this? Is there a way to find the fuse and find out if it's been blown or not (without a multimeter).

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    A blown fuse will not conduct, I have used an old coin cell torch and a few wires in such situations in the past, you could also go the cowboy method and bypass fuses and see if it springs back to life.

As for the original matter I am not familiar with the the wii internals to the sorts of levels needed for that. I would hazard a guess at a locked type (a d2a wii always needs a d2a controller....) by I sense I would be wrong.

3. Tomobobo
    OP

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    I fixed it. I was a cowboy and just shorted the fuse. I found the information on where the fuse was located from this link.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=50528

Thanks for the help though. Dunno why it blew. I am pretty careful with my stuff, and I'm not a noob. This was my 20th Wii to do.

Oh, and maybe I'm not using the correct terminology when I say "controller". By my understanding it's the whole drive's motherboard that's the controller. That's what I swapped out.

4. nycwii

Newcomer nycwii Advanced Member

United States
    congrads on fixing ur wii. i was gonna tell u to do the trs box swap and start over, but im glad u fixed it