iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ok my camera sucks (webcam) so bare with the quality. But this is more to demonstrate the controls and usage of the app. The DVD being played is running at near DVD quality output so things are working better now without the menu ui.

So enjoy the video:
http://www.wiivision.org/downloads/wiidvdplayer.wmv

QUOTE said:
With some heavy research and coding, I was able to get 1 (so far) DL Store Bought DVD to play just the same as a SL. This has been one of the biggest downfalls so far in this project but it looks like we may have resolved it. And no, it is not dependent on what chip you have. I tested it on 3 current chips all working flawlessly.

The modchip only acts as a gateway for the code to run (in GC mode). Beyond that, we have all the hardware capability the GC (and Wii DVD Drive) has to offer. The app mounts the DVD drive in the manor of which I tell it to. A linux DVD Mount (driver) has been written from scratch for this project in order to support ALL DVD MEDIA (accept HD/BlueRay... duh).

So those of you in doubt, clear your critisizm and hop on the bandwagon. The Wii is about to be upgraded courtesy of your friendly open source developers.
QUOTE said:
Progress is still going good and I now can confirm over 10 DL discs working properly on 3 modchips.
So also dvd 9 support!
ohmy.gif

Update: 5-22-2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small update.

Everything is still moving along smothly. We've implemented the subtitles support for both US and PAL, for some reason the JAP subtitles are not taking well but we'll figure it out soon. Right now we have 3 seperate builds, 1 for each region. We'd like to consolidate it into 1 but on the first attempt to do so, the quality was really lacking (due to taking ram away from the decoder and using it for the app). So most likely we will place 3 builds on 1 ISO and create an option to choose the region upon booting the app. Unfortunately this meens that if you swap 1 region dvd for another region dvd, you'll have to reboot the app and select the new region, then load the dvd. I don't think too many people will complain though as it is a small inconvience.

I wouldn't get your hopes up high. Read the second page of this thread

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's fake, someone asked if he would enter the coding compo and he said.. no, I want to keep it open for everyone...

One rule for a coding compo: you really need to have something

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read the thread and the amount of times he goes, "did a little coding BUT NOW I'M GOING OUT TO GET DRUNK AND DO CRRRRAAAAZZZZY SHIT". No...one... cares what you are doing in your spare time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -