wii dvd media cases revealed!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by thieves like us, Sep 29, 2006.

Sep 29, 2006
  1. thieves like us
    OP

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

although they do the job, it would have been really nice if nintendo would have cranked it up a few notches, made the cases a transparent clear or a transparent milky white, and possibly made them square (dvd media is under 5" in diameter, does the case really need to 7.5" tall?)

square cases would have matched the shape of their existing gba and ds cases for a uniform look [​IMG]

also, where's my built-in slot to hold my sd memory cards for game saves and virtual console d/l's?

2. xiaNaix

Member xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nice! If only they had games in them. [​IMG]

3. santakuroosu

Member santakuroosu GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Nintendo is just sticking to the standard DVD case size, and that's a good thing.
    It'll be easier to organize/store them because there are already devices that were made with those cases in kind.

4. xiaNaix

Member xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Plus, cases that look like DS ones would not be "next gen" [​IMG]

5. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    It would have allowed videogames to have their own "case format".
    Not all books have the same height. So why should videogame boxes look like DVD cases?

6. Scorpin200

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    This system better be damn good by the lack of visuals for the first few game, cause compared to zelda their not that good even though i know they have had little time to work on them.

7. Kyoji

Member Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    Those there are Doubles-notice the notches in the spine to hold a tray for 1/2 extra DVD's? Looks like standard DVD-case fair, except for the Wii logo in the middle. This should save Nintendo quite a bit of money...

8. Corizzle

Newcomer Corizzle Advanced Member

Canada
    I like the look of them, simple yet good looking. Only thing I would have liked to have seen is a spot for SD cards(those are what the Wii is going to use as memory cards right?)

9. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    Corizzle, the system has 512MB built in memory. Even if that does eventually get used up, it would take a really long time. Unlike GameCube, in which some games (Animal Crossing) needed, even came with, their own memory card, nobody is going to buy a SD card for every Wii game they own. It would be ridiculously expensive, and they wouldn't need that much. Anybody who actually manages to use up the 512MB built in can buy a 1GB SD card and keep it permanently in the Wii. Problem solved.

Basically, it would have been foolish to spend the money on that extra plastic, even though just a little bit, if virtually nobody would actually use it.