Hacking Wii DVD Dump v1.2 randomly stops transfering

EidolonDeprave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get Wii DVD Dump v1.2 to dump the ISO to my usb thumb drive. The drive is compatible (Its a Scandisk 8G Cruzer) and it will start to dump the image but at different places it gives out and i get the error saying ">> ERROR: Could not write data to the device!" and tells me to press any button to restart. The drive is formated to FAT32 and have properly dumped an image over the Wifi but cant seem to get this to work. It will get to 4 or 8 % (one time got to 10%) so it is able to write the data that far so this error doesnt make any sense to me... Any help would be amazing
biggrin.gif
thanks in advanced.

EidolonDeprave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mhadf said:
I'm pretty sure that is because your stick is Fat32,
it's easier to stick to Wifi anyway.

On WiiBrew it says "Only FAT12/16/32 devices will work. NTFS or any other non-FAT type devices connected will be damaged by this software."
And it has my device listed under working its SanDisk U3 cruzer micro

Here is a link to the page that talks about it. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/USB_Mass_Storage_Devices

Plus if it was how it was formatted it wouldnt even dump at all but it works for about 10-15 mins.

EidolonDeprave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have tried multiple games... they work fine over the Wifi. The reason I wanna use the USB is so while my Wii is busy dumping the Image I can play my Xbox online to keep me busy while i wait for the game. When I transfer with Wifi it lags me
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end