Hacking Wii dvd-drive not spinning

davy28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone,

I've already searched different forums, but I can't find any answer to my question.
I've installed a wiijna modchip on my wii. Everything was installed correctly, because I could install the upgrade for the chip.
But after that everything went wrong. I couldn't play any backupdisc (the original were working).
So i decided to remove the chip again. After that my dvd-drive didn't respond anymore.
So i read that the fuse must have been broken. So I did the soldering of the n fuse and the driver is powering again.
BUT, here is the problem : i can insert and eject disc, but the dvd isn't read by the dvd-drive (no spinning of the disc).
You can ear the laser moving, but no spinning. I already checked the cableing (ribon and powercable)..so anybody has got the same problem and more important A solution..

Thansk in advance,
Davy

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
My drive stopped spinning and also the laser never lit up when i broke the laser unit by being heavy handed with the adjustment pot.

Obviously i don't know what bearing this has with your problem, but I'd thought i'd mention it, maybe your laser has gone kaput. How you could test this i don't know.

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know about the wiijna chips but sometimes with the wiikeys I install they require the dvd-rom read speed set to 3x to read burnt media, I gather it is because the laser has degraded.

Do original disks still work? or have you done damage to the drive when you soldered the fuse.

davy28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello gamez2003,

Well no disc is being read aymore. The drive doesn't spin anymore.
And yes, when I finally decided to remove chip, the little pads came off..
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Davy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here