writers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,
I am new here.
I have wii with cfw here from my grandson with a hard drive that has several games on it. However, we also have some wii discs that we want to add to the hard drive.

How can we rip Wii games and add them to the HDD?
Thanks in advance,

tl;dr How can I transfer an original wii dvd to my wii hard drive?

Hallo,
Ik ben dus nieuw hier.
Heb hier een omgebouwde wii staan van mijn kleinzoon met een werkende hardeschijf waar diverse spellen opstaan die werken.
Wij hebben echter nog een aantal orginele wii dvd's die we graag op de harde schijf erbij zetten.

Graag bericht van jullie hoe we dat moeten doen.
Graag horen we van jullie.
Alvast bedankt,
Writers

...hoe een orginele wii dvd kan worden overgezet op de harde schijf.

Last edited by x65943,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
deepl translation said:
Hello,
So I am new here.
Have a converted wii here from my grandson with a working hard drive that has several games on it that work.
However, we still have some original wii dvds that we would like to add to the hard drive.

Like to hear from you how to do that.
Glad to hear from you.
Thanks in advance,
Writers

...how to transfer an original wii dvd to the hard drive.
Please post in English language only (or at very least provide English translation).
=====

USB Loaders should be able to dump Wii discs with an "Install Game" option. Which USB Loader are you using? Somebody might provide accurate instructions if you mention it.

Good luck!

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hoe een orginele wii dvd kan worden overgezet op de harde schijf.
Hello,

welcome to GBatemp :yaywii: :hrth:

for usb loader gx and copy a game to USB:

Method #1:
Launch USB Loader GX, once on the main menu, insert a DVD, it will automatically detect the insertion of a DVD, and will open a window asking you what to do. Click Install.

Then click Yes when asked for confirmation to install the game on your hard drive.

Method #2:
If you are launching USB Loader GX with a DVD already inserted, click Install Game from the main menu.

Then click Yes when it asks if you want to install it.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hallo,
Ik ben dus nieuw hier.
Heb hier een omgebouwde wii staan van mijn kleinzoon met een werkende hardeschijf waar diverse spellen opstaan die werken.
Wij hebben echter nog een aantal orginele wii dvd's die we graag op de harde schijf erbij zetten.

Graag bericht van jullie hoe we dat moeten doen.
Graag horen we van jullie.
Alvast bedankt,
Writers

...hoe een orginele wii dvd kan worden overgezet op de harde schijf.
Hello @writers and welcome to GBATemp! :toot: :yaywii:
This is an English-speaking forum, so if you want to post in your native language atleast give the English translation of what you wrote with it.

You can take a look around here in the Wii section for more information about homebrew apps, hacks etc.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Hi

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't...