Hacking (Wii) Dual layer games not working

GameT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again guys, I'm having another issue here, but I think this one will be easy for you all.
Today i've downloaded Metroid Triology and Raving Rabbits Collection, both uses dual layer DVDs, I put these two ISOs normaly on my FAT32 HDD using Wii Backup Manager (he split automatically)

But inside the wiiflow, entering the game I can go only in the first screen where you choose which of the tree games you wanna play, after that I go back to system meny

I think the problem happens because I did not configure Wii Backup Manager in the right way, and I noticed that in the posts I've found the games they gave some "layer break" codes, do I need to use this on the Wii Backup manager too? I've found nothing about that there

Thx for the help.

GameT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I'm using the cIOS 249 that the xFlak made it cIOS249[56]-v21[EHCI-v19]
I see now that he create another one: cIOS249[37]-v21[LagFix], but dono what is the difference

But now I tested using CFG Loader / cIOS 222, the same problem

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use the alt dol method. Unfortunately, using this method forces you to play on difficult mode. To change this, use cheat codes that change the difficulty setting (if you have a problem with difficult). You can also use Metroid Prime 3: Corruption instead to avoid the hassle with just that game.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Some dual layer games require the alt dol method. Some single layer games require it. Sam & Max, for example, is a single layer game that requires it. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, for example, is a dual layer game that does not require it. It's game-specific, and Metroid Prime Trilogy requires it.

GameT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, looks like this solved the problem, both Metroid and Rayman worked well, probably all compilation packs need the use of alt. dol.

thx for the help
And you are right, Metroid looks damn hard, I'll try use some cheat

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're playing the trilogy version, you need to use ocarina codes to change the difficulty. I also use a version with prime 3 removed, so you can use the original game with a working menu. ws_mpt_ntsc_dvd5_1_2_ONLY

Also you don't need to use a layer break with a usb loader.

Glottiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lacius said:
You need to use the alt dol method. Unfortunately, using this method forces you to play on difficult mode. To change this, use cheat codes that change the difficulty setting (if you have a problem with difficult). You can also use Metroid Prime 3: Corruption instead to avoid the hassle with just that game.
If you load main menu and select new game it will allow to choose difficulty and will create save with that difficulty, after that use alt dol method and continue playing with difficulty you chosen. At least that's how it worked for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i am 28 :cry: