Wii & DS Link-up?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gifted1, May 13, 2007.

May 13, 2007

Wii & DS Link-up? by Gifted1 at 1:59 AM (942 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Gifted1
    OP

Member Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Has there been any talk about Wii games linking up with the DS for anything (kind of like Windwaker on GC with GBA) or if the DS would be able to link up with the Wii for anything?

2. r1cky

Newcomer r1cky Advanced Member

Australia
    I think they already have a game where you can use the ds as an extra controller. It was a pokemon game, but i can't remember the exact name.

3. ryuujin2788

Newcomer ryuujin2788 Advanced Member

United States
    Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I'm not sure if it is out in the U.S. yet, but in the Japanese version, you can transfer all of your Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl to the game and then battle online with them. The graphics are really good, but I constantly get my *** handed to me by those little Japanese kids.

They're too good =\. It's a good thing there's no mic, or they might come to learn some Japanese they don't know yet.

4. Tripp

Member Tripp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no it's not out in the u.s. yet...

can't wait for more games to use the ds... [​IMG]

5. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    before the wii launch i remember reading about a 'DS channel' where any DS near the wii in standby would be silently loaded with demos etc from the wii 'ds channel' overnight.

6. ryuujin2788

Newcomer ryuujin2788 Advanced Member

United States
    That's in the works still. The Japanese version is still working out the bugs. I was reading a little about it yesterday. I'll try to find the link, but the article is in Japanese.

The only thing I saw in there that was noteworthy was that it is slated for a next year release.