Hardware Wii drive swap

lukands

I took the little bus here
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I have 2 Wii consoles, 1 works but the drive doesn`t read discs. The 2nd Wii is bricked beyond repair. Is it possible to take the drive out of the bricked Wii and put it in the other Wii that works? OR because the Wii is bricked the drive is also useless? Both consoles are old so compatibility to play backups is not an issue.
So I guess the real question is.......when a Wii is bricked does it only effect the main mobo and/or the drive also?

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
lukands said:
I have 2 Wii consoles, 1 works but the drive doesn`t read discs. The 2nd Wii is bricked beyond repair. Is it possible to take the drive out of the bricked Wii and put it in the other Wii that works? OR because the Wii is bricked the drive is also useless? Both consoles are old so compatibility to play backups is not an issue.
So I guess the real question is.......when a Wii is bricked does it only effect the main mobo and/or the drive also?
Just the Mobo, you'll be fine.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lukands said:

You can take the drive from the bricked wii and put it in the one that powers on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi +1