Wii drive scratch original disc,but not backups !!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Disizdream, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Disizdream
    OP

Disizdream Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    France
    Hi,
    Today when I inserted my Zelda Twilight Princess original disc, the disc didn't entered fully in the disc drive and got ejected...
    I watched the back of the disc and he was scratched.

If I help the disc by pushing it a little it enter correctly in the drive, but each time a new scratch is made on it.
    I tried in horizontal and vertical position but it's the same.

What is strange is that with a backup disc it doesn't do that !!! The disc enter correctly and no scratch at all...

Iv'e got a Wiikey bought from divineo (so maybe a clone...), don't know if it has something to do with it...

Anyone else has this problem ???

Thanks

Here is a picture of my zelda disc and all the scratches :

[​IMG]

Here is a video of my Elebits game being scratched just for your pleasure..

[​IMG]

and a picture of the elebits disc scratched on the bottom:

[​IMG]

2. EddyB

EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    Wow that's strange, it might be becouse an origonal game disc is a little fatter [​IMG]

How is your wiikey build in? The quick-solder way or the wired way? If it is wired the chip might be placed wrong.

3. kristijan08

kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    shit dude thats weird, i can only agree with the post above, maybe you have positioned the chip in a wierd place... but its strange that your backups are scratch free!

so confused

4. Disizdream
    OP

Disizdream Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    France
    I made this really quick with mspaint just to show you where I put the chip :

[​IMG]

I suppose this is the normal place because the design of the wiikey fit perfectly to be there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice