Wii drive scratch original disc,but not backups !!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Disizdream, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Disizdream
    OP

Newcomer Disizdream Advanced Member

France
    Hi,
    Today when I inserted my Zelda Twilight Princess original disc, the disc didn't entered fully in the disc drive and got ejected...
    I watched the back of the disc and he was scratched.

If I help the disc by pushing it a little it enter correctly in the drive, but each time a new scratch is made on it.
    I tried in horizontal and vertical position but it's the same.

What is strange is that with a backup disc it doesn't do that !!! The disc enter correctly and no scratch at all...

Iv'e got a Wiikey bought from divineo (so maybe a clone...), don't know if it has something to do with it...

Anyone else has this problem ???

Thanks

Here is a picture of my zelda disc and all the scratches :

[​IMG]

Here is a video of my Elebits game being scratched just for your pleasure..

[​IMG]

and a picture of the elebits disc scratched on the bottom:

[​IMG]

2. EddyB

Member EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Wow that's strange, it might be becouse an origonal game disc is a little fatter [​IMG]

How is your wiikey build in? The quick-solder way or the wired way? If it is wired the chip might be placed wrong.

3. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    shit dude thats weird, i can only agree with the post above, maybe you have positioned the chip in a wierd place... but its strange that your backups are scratch free!

so confused

4. Disizdream
    OP

Newcomer Disizdream Advanced Member

France
    I made this really quick with mspaint just to show you where I put the chip :

[​IMG]

I suppose this is the normal place because the design of the wiikey fit perfectly to be there.