Gaming Wii download sites ... anyone use them?

jspicher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I was looking around for "wii things" on google and found this site:
[REMOVED]

It looked a little intriguing, and too good to be true at the same time. Before l plop down $50 bucks l wanted to here form you guys (not some damn affiliate site). Has anyone every used a site like this before? Is it a scam, and do they just give you links to torrents?

Also l want to point out that l've decided to make the url to this site an image, you'll have to type it out. I did this so no one can blame me for being the owner of this site and trying to spam you or the search engines with it or anything. If l get accused of being the owner of this site despite my efforts to prove that this was not my intent l will edit the url out of the post entirely. l just want to know if any of you have ever tried anything like this and if so what to expect once you're a member.

Edit note:
after reading the rules, it appears that l may have been treding too closely to breaking the rules of GBATemp.net
QUOTE said:
Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember my friend paying for some service that was just like this for the PSP. It may be legitimate, but the thing is, you can get everything they offer on there for free, anyway...

jspicher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
sylux92 said:
Read the Rules. No posting links (or anything else) to game download sites.
How about you read my post? l didn't post a link.. l didn't even post the name of the site in my post; its a graphical image (which is completely invisible to search engines). Please read someones post before you play the "read da rules" crap dude... seriously it's lame.

If however even after my attempts to ensure that l'm not breaking any of the rules, l'd be happy to edit the post myself, or have a mod do-so.

[EDIT]
My apologies sylux, after reading the rules a little more closely it appears that there is a pretty general blanket against discussing these types of sites, however l did my best to avoid breaking the rules. And just asking about these types of sites was breaking the rules in and of itself. I didn't post a link to the site however....

QUOTEMembers may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.

jspicher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
link459 said:
I remember my friend paying for some service that was just like this for the PSP. It may be legitimate, but the thing is, you can get everything they offer on there for free, anyway...
Right, do you recall if he was happy with it? You're right about finding everything elsewhere... but it'd be nice if everything was in one place.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sites like this are a rip off, they usually just provide access to torrents or something else you can get for free. You'd be better off paying for newsgroup access. Cheaper, faster, etc.

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Let the moderators do their job themselves, they don't need any of you wannabe mods doing it for them. Stop trying to increase your post count, they'll lock this thread if they decide that it should.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't know what the thread started was searching for as he removed all the info.. But really, any Wii related stuff can be found for free ( except controllers etc lol ) from Torrent sites. Just google the game/accessory/other with it's name, and add torrent after that and you're good to go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs