Wii double click of death

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by snuka, Jun 16, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009

Wii double click of death by snuka at 3:08 PM (2,061 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. snuka
    OP

Newcomer snuka Member

United States
    My Wii worked fine for over 18 months but recently started making a recurring double click when reading from backup discs. There is about a three second pause followed by two clicks over and over. The sound comes from the wii box, not through the speakers. When this happens, read times are extremely slow to the point where games are unplayable due to the lag. I first noticed this with my backup of Twilight Princess where a lot of video is loaded during the startup screen. Also noticed it on Tiger 2010. I tried my original of MarioKart and I didn't experiance the same problem so it may be limited to backups only. I have 3.2U with TP softmod and I've experienced it with 0.3 Gamma and NeoGamma R3.

Anybody else go through this? It has made my backups pretty useless. I'm afraid it's a hardware problem and can't be fixed.

2. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Yup. I had the same problem. My Wii is now won't read any originals or backups at all.
    I play my games using the USB Loader. No lags. no slow downs. no weird clicking sounds. nothing.

USB Loader FTW! [​IMG]

3. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    It could just be an issue related the the laser of the wii. Before you think anything is broken, try using the official disk cleaning kit as that will dislodge any dust that may be messing with the reading of disks.

4. Kvak

Newcomer Kvak Newbie

Czech Republic
  5. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    OP is in the US. You can find them at larger electronics stores like Frys and then not have to wait for something to be shipped from Japan. Or even buy it directly from Nintendo of America on their online store.

6. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    I have a better solution: use legits!

7. PartyMon

Newcomer PartyMon Member

United States
    Cause legit discs would never wear the laser down right... If you're going to preach legality at least do it in relevant threads.
    And backup discs are legit too, hell backups of backups are legit, as long as you own the original.

8. snuka
    OP

Newcomer snuka Member

United States
    Thanks for your help. I think I will just install the usb loader.

9. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    You can have the drive replaced too.

10. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    provided you made the backup of YOUR disc. not downloading it coz you already own it.