Wii doesn't regonized its own Wiimote

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Kamiyama, Sep 5, 2007.

Sep 5, 2007
  1. Kamiyama
    OP

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    So, that's the problem. I update my Wii to 3.0E today and try to load Metroid Prime 3. It was asking update, so first I tried unplug it when it was about 15% and reboot Wii. It was asking to update again, so I let it update about ~25% and then unplug it and reboot. There was then one duplicate channels and the game asking update it again. So, since there was those extra channels, I let it upgrade it to the end.

Then it shows finally on disk channel and I started the game. It loads for while and then it says it couldn't read the disk and I burned it to another disk and try again. It says disk read error too, so I tried another games on it. They played fine, the orginals Wii and GC games and Wii/GC backups, too. I played Trauma Center for while and shut down Wii and then go to do something else.

Now when I tried start Wii on Wiimotes power button, it doesn't too anything. I started it with its own power button and then it shows that healt warning thing, just like every time, and I tried press A button. Nothing happened. Only Wiimotes leds blinking for searching Wii or whatever. I taked it's back cover off and try first pull batteries out and put them back. Still same problem. I tried even that "sync" button, but it doesn't work either.

Does anyone know what I need to do that it works again?

2. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    after doing the update and unplugging you need an iso that's been modded with wii brickblocker. that was the whole point of the 15% thing

3. Kamiyama
    OP

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    That's was the second disk what I burned, but it still says that couldn't read disk. I burned it with different speed on RW disk, but now I can't test it because Wiimote doesn't regonize Wii or other way around.

Edit:

Now Wiimote works like normal. I needed just unplug Wii couple of times.

4. NeXsus

Newcomer NeXsus Member

Canada
    easiest way I've found to sync wiimotes is via the wiimote settings, just choose reconnect and hold buttons 1+2 on the wiimote, works like a charm

5. sasuke_kun12

Member sasuke_kun12 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    or replace batteries. happens with me on crappy batteries

6. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    yeah sometimes i would have to unplug wii and plug back in when that happened...annoying...