Hacking Wii doesn't power on

HopOnRocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so when I power on my wii normally, either by pressing power or by the Wiimote itself. The system light turns green for 2 secs, the slot blinks blue twice and then it goes back into standby mode.

If I power the Wii up and let bootmii take over, I choose to go to Wii system menu, and the Wii powers down and goes back into stand by mode.

If I power the Wii up and let Preloader 0.3 take over, and choose system menu, it works fine.

Anyone have any idea what could my problem be? I have a Launch Wii with Wiikey 1.9s installed. System firmware 4.2. Preloader 0.3. IOS53 and IOS70 patched for NSMB.
This didn't start happening until I played a version of NSMB with a patched main.dol file. Could that be some sort of problem or is it hardware based

HopOnRocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Somebody please help me here.

I did a restore of my nand that I had before I updated to 4.2U and patched IOS for NSMB. But now, nothing boots up.
Bootmii still operates fine but I can't access the Wii System Menu or HBC.
Preloader is no longer available, and I can't turn on my Wii normally.

There must be something I can do to access the Wii System Menu.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah you shouldn't have restored your nand so soon. All you had to do was re install the newest version of preloader 30 or install the new priiloader.

If you can't access the wii menu/preloader/hbc then I'm pretty sure you have a nice brick there. Have you tried re restoring your nand again?

HopOnRocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I have, only about 30 or 40 green blocks were processed and the rest weren't. Still the same results.
What would another version of preloader done? Preloader was working fine to boot up the Wii, just the power button/bootmii weren't able to bring me to the wii system menu.

Is there anything else you can suggest?

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah get cboot2 to boot up wad manager. Then install your system menu again.

BTW the preloader you have sounds like the 3rd version of preloader30. Preloader30v3 had a bug where the system would shut off after turned on. This was fixed in the newer versions.

HopOnRocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did another NAND backup, figured it wouldn't hurt it anymore and now it allowed me to get to the system menu from bootmii, once.
I installed preloader again and it works fine. But now I'm back to the same story as my first post again. I can't just turn on my Wii and let it boot to the system menu. I either have to use preloader or bootmii to get to the HBC first, and work my way back.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HopOnRocks said:
I did another NAND backup, figured it wouldn't hurt it anymore and now it allowed me to get to the system menu from bootmii, once.
I installed preloader again and it works fine. But now I'm back to the same story as my first post again. I can't just turn on my Wii and let it boot to the system menu. I either have to use preloader or bootmii to get to the HBC first, and work my way back.
Okay, as long as you can get into the HBC you're good. Just need to update Preloader, the HBC, and BootMii now.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
upgrade to priiloader

that may fix ur problem (as it does not require the system menu IOS to be patched)

try turning off any preloader hacks u may have on. When upgrading priiloader/preloader and your system menu and the system menu hacks, sometimes the hacks get messed up. I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow turned on the boot to black screen hack, lol.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I suggest you uninstall preloader and use StartPatch instead, since you have BootMii it just adds pointless longer boot time anyway.

HopOnRocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off, thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. Big help.

Managed to get to system menu, so I installed priiloader and updated the hacks.ini file because I am now on 4.1 instead of 4.2. I didn't mess with any options just left them all default. The program works fine.
Bootmii also works fine now and I can access system menu from there aswell.
I reinstalled the HBC so it's the latest one for sure and that is now working fine.

I can now power on my Wii like normal either by pressing power or the controller and it works fine.
Thanks to everyone once again for your suggestions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain