Hardware Wii doesn't output av (av works) but component works

elcarajos666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I just found my Wii, I was testing it around and the av out doesn't work, composite works without any problem, i tried three different cables but i get the same result, the three are working, one I have connected to my Wii U for home theater. Is there any fix for this?

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title says "component" but then here you wrote "composite." So which cable signal doesn't work? The yellow video out or the component (red, green, blue)? I found in my experience that selecting the wrong input on the TV is the most likely culprit. As in, you've connected the Yellow video cable along with the red and white audio cable, but the TV is set to component and not AV(or sometimes labeled just "video" or "composite"). The video will either be missing or hard to see. Or vice versa you've connected the Red Green Blue cables along with the red white audio cables and have selected "AV" on TV instead of 'Component."

It's actually a very easy oversight to make. Oh and selecting 480p or 480i on the Wii will not fix an incorrectly selected video mode on the TV.

Last edited by TheThief,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Panzer_Baboon @ Panzer_Baboon: Let's all meet irl