Wii doesnt boot

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Meta, Apr 9, 2008.

Apr 9, 2008

Wii doesnt boot by Meta at 7:52 PM (861 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Meta
    OP

Newcomer Meta Member

Germany
    Hi

I have a problem with my wii. after turning on i just see a black screen an my two wiimotes wont connect (i checked the cables and everything some times). i dont think my wiikey is broken because the last game my family played was my original copy of wii sports. the problem is that they didnt turn off the wii since saturday and i pulled the plug yesterday without turning it off because i didnt think it was still on. does anyone here have the same problem or a solution?

thx for help in advance

2. tots

Newcomer tots Member

United Kingdom
    I has this exact same problem I think, does your wii also not turn off unless your pull the power cord out? I thought my wii was dead and as a last resort I tried taking it apart right down to the motherboard. I discovered that there is a small circuit board which is clipped to the mainboard (something to do with bluetooth? looked like it had some sort of ariel in it) which had come loose. Whether this was loose already or I did it while taking the wii apart I don't know, but which I clipped it back in and powered on the wii, it started working again (need to plug the fan back in also or it won't give even a black screen). Now my wii is back together and working fine. Hope this is of some help!

3. noisound

Member noisound GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
  4. Meta
    OP

Newcomer Meta Member

Germany
    tots, my wii turns off when i push the power button, i dont know if the wiimotes can turn it off and now i dont havce the time to check it or to open it.

but thx for the replies to both of you, i hope there will be some more who have a tip