Hardware Wii doesn't boot up now [Help!]

xshoyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my Wii plugged into a Power Strip with an on-off switch. Someone flicked our Light Switched, which every outlet in the room is connected to, so the Power Strip got turned off. When the switch was flicked back on, the Wii no longer boots up.

All the wires are plugged in to the Wii fine. I also tried different outlets on the Strip, and an outlet on the wall. Neither work. The Wii doesn't light up at all.

Anybody know the answer? D:

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
my sister-in-law's Wii had that same problem, just leave it, it will light up again whenever it feels like it..!!
biggrin.gif

xshoyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leaving it alone for about 8 hours has done nothing.

I'm guessing that whole 'power fuse' thing is the problem. Which is a real pain in the butt.
Wonder if I could score a new one from the big N for free :B

anotherlostgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if it is a coincidence, but I see that most fuse failures are happening on the new consoles. Mine is an old war veteran (one of the first versions), i'm always plugging him out and I never had a problem, ANY problem.

xshoyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the fuse [American Console, 3 months old if it matters] possible to fix by myself?
:K I'm pretty patient, but I'm dying to get a new Wiiware game and I can't imagine waiting weeks for a new plug.

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
he already did that, i think its messed up completely... but you should not messing with it to prevent damage to the wii ... i,m quite aware of that..

i think its better to get a new one... you must wait a few weeks.. but you dont want a broken wii too
look i dont even know what a fuse is.. but i always say "why fixing it get a new one" (if its really reaaaally messed up)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: wait...my gbatemp acc is almost 10 yrs old lmao