Hardware Wii doesn't boot to System Menu, wiimotes don't sync.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm in a little predicament with a Wii here. I was using it earlier today, playing some Skyward Sword no problem. I went to boot it, and now I can no longer boot into the System Menu (4.1) Or sync any Wii remotes. I have BootMii, and can boot into HBC. GC controllers work, and most homebrew does as well. NeoGamma doesn't seem to boot any (Wii) games, however GC games still seem to boot fine through NeoGamma R9. I'm starting to think my Bluetooth/Wi-Fi module died on me, since yesterday I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi on any games. Re installing the System Menu didn't help either. Any help would be awesome.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only been able to sync my wiimotes through the system menu. Whenever I tried through Homebrew channel it never worked.

I think 4.1 runs on IOS 60 or 70, have you tried making sure that those are not stubbed?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The games not connecting and the system menu not working could be related.
Most network routers have a webpage that shows the wireless clients that are connected to it.
It might we worth to check there if you see your wii in that list.
Another thing you can try is the wiiload program to launch homebrew from your pc on the wii.
wiiload can use a tcp connection. If it works, your wii network is still operational.
Take a backup of your wii nand. In case things really go wrong, it can help to rescue your wii.

You are not giving much information. For instance, are you having bootmii @ boot2 on your wi?.
Was priiloader installed on your wii?
Did you have the hacks turned on to disable updates?

Also, you might get better help in the hacking section.
One of the first things they will ask is to try to run the syscheck pprogram so you can post a list of the ios on your wii.

A defective BT module normally results into a black screen. The HBC and other homebrew won't run either.

It's not possible to sync your remotes in the homebrew channel or another program. It only works when you are in the system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands