Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a problem so I'll try to explain it clearly.

I was in 3.1E, with the Gamma Backup Loader installed (then did the 23 October fixed for the shop channel), and everything were working fine.

I'm planning to buy Punch-Out when it'll be released, so as it might have an update on the disc and that I want to play the original (in my opinion, good games worth to be bought), I thought about install the 3.2E to be able to install StarFall (which blocks the games update).

First, I tried with a Downgrader, and Cios rev3 (or something like that) from Waninkoko, 2 first parts worked fine but not the last one (didn't asked which firmware to install), so I gave up this method.

The file the downgrader required was "ios37-64-v2070 .wad" and the name of the app to run before the downgrader was "cIOS37_rev3-Installer".

Then, I found Anyregionchanger, which offers to update the Wii to 3.2 (if you have a lesser firmware, like 3.1).

I used it and it worked fine, I'm now in 3.2E, except the Gamma Backup Loader don't run games anymore (DVD Error 324). I know my burned DVDs are working fine because they were working before (were working yesterday).

I thought about a IOS that might has been deleted (an IOS needed for the Gamma Backup Launcher) during the update, so I used the CIOS installer of the Gamma Backup Launcher again to reinstall it if needed, but same, always the same error.

Someone have an idea ? (Probably some IOS to remove, or to add? I think the problem appeared when the downgrader didn't go until the end and probably modified some IOS)

When I tried to reinstall the CIOS for the backup launcher gamma, I give at the end a "Installation returned -1", maybe that mean the installation failed (or that mean the installation worked? I forgot what it said the first time I installed it). The Backup Loader display IOS249 at the right-bottom corner so it might been always installed? (I installed the cios of the gamma lancher from the network, so with the wifi)

Thanks a lot.

Edit : I fixed my problem. I loaded Anytitle deleter, uninstalled IOS249 and then the Gamma Backup Loader was giving me the error "DVD Read Error (324). No CIOS" (so near the same, but this time, with "No CIOS" added in the error message). Then, I reinstalled the IOS249 with the offline method (downloaded the files manually on Wiigator's blog, and this time, the installation got completed (so "Installation returned -1" means a "failed installation"), and the burned games are running again.

moose94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for another post, just a flood of threads...

Can someone please post a USB Loader Channel WAD (Most recent NTSC)? Any will do...

Fowlerla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the backup launcher.

I just downloaded Guitar Hero Metallica the other day, burned it onto a DVD-R using ImgBurn and tried to load it with gamma loader 0.3.

The game starts up and continues until the very first loading screen, after the wii controller warning. It loads nearly all the way and then stops and gives this warning: "The Game Disc could not be read. Refer to the Wii operations manual for details".

Since then I have downloaded several different versions of the game and tried burning each version multiple times, but I still get the same error. I've also tried loading with softchip and gamma with the 002 fix. I also tried installing cIOS rev7, and IOS 38, 53, 55, none fixed the problem.

I'm running Wii 3.2U
cIOS rev9
Gamma Loader 0.3 with 002 fix (both the .dol and wad version)

Does anyone have a similar problem or a solution for me? I'd appreciate any help

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

I followed a tutorial to downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2U. It worked fine, but it didn't have me run the IOS downgrader, only the cIOS one. Does this do anything bad? If so, can I fix it?

Thanks.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
step 12 in the guide sint actually needed unless you want your system on version 3.2 (the recommended version if your going to be playing about with the wii)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
killajackson said:
Hey,

I followed a tutorial to downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2U. It worked fine, but it didn't have me run the IOS downgrader, only the cIOS one. Does this do anything bad? If so, can I fix it?

Thanks.

Running both is a good idea. A lot of people get problems with cIOS installers or AnyTitleDeleter because they skipped one of both(don't remember which one).

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Usually the problems occur when they skip step 11 and move on to step 12 which ends up failing.
If you just do

step 11 - Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.

it works fine for the rest but can cause problems if you want to install other things other than following the guides instructions.

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
Usually the problems occur when they skip step 11 and move on to step 12 which ends up failing.
If you just do

step 11 - Load B. IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.

it works fine for the rest but can cause problems if you want to install other things other than following the guides instructions.

The guide I followed didn't tell me to do step 11. I'm in 3.2U now (step 12 worked). Will I have any problems skipping step 11 and can I fix them by doing step 11 now in 3.2U?

Thanks.

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
what guide did you follow ? was it the one on the very first post on this thread ?

It was on youtube. Chrscool8 or something. The exact same as this one basically except it didn't have step 11. It still worked fine and I'm on 3.2U. I'm just wondering if I will have any problems from not doing step 11 and if so, can I just run it on 3.2U and fix those possible problems?

Thanks.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes you may have quite a few problems going forward by skipping step 11 - time will tell though
tongue.gif

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
yes you may have quite a few problems going forward by skipping step 11 - time will tell though
tongue.gif

What kind of problems? I've heard the only problem may be playing Trucha signed games like custom GH3.

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out with the Backup Launcher? I'm using version 0.3 gamma by wiigator. I have never used it before so I have no idea what is going on. I'm attempting to run my Super Paper Mario game that I have burned at 4x speed on a DVD-R. My current wii version is 4.0 using this tutorial so I'm not sure if that'll affect the backup launcher... Anyways
When I boot it up, it says IOS249 at the bottom, which might be of some importance. There are so many options on this thing. My Super Paper Mario wii is PAL region so do I enable Force PAL50/60 or NTSC? And in addition, my attempts to run this game always ends up with DVD read error (361), anyone have an idea how to fix this error?

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using USB Loader and games Pre-Loaded by the WBFS tool, I get "An error has occurred. Eject your disc, power off your console and consult the operations manual" with every single game I've tried, Anyone come into this problem?

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
each time I run wii back-up loader it all it shows is a tiny green square disc icon bottom left. I press all the buttons on my wiimote and on my gc controller plugged in and nothing happens. I have tried re-installing cios and noticed I am version 3.3. If I have to downgrade how will I downgrade with wifi? And if I don't how can I fix my problem? Thanks alot in advance backups ran before fine for a while and I just burned rock band 2 and MLB baseball that work (my friend tested bc mine isnt working right now).
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
dry.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
john.jingle said:
Can someone help me out with the Backup Launcher? I'm using version 0.3 gamma by wiigator. I have never used it before so I have no idea what is going on. I'm attempting to run my Super Paper Mario game that I have burned at 4x speed on a DVD-R. My current wii version is 4.0 using this tutorial so I'm not sure if that'll affect the backup launcher... Anyways
When I boot it up, it says IOS249 at the bottom, which might be of some importance. There are so many options on this thing. My Super Paper Mario wii is PAL region so do I enable Force PAL50/60 or NTSC? And in addition, my attempts to run this game always ends up with DVD read error (361), anyone have an idea how to fix this error?

Where did you get the files for the gamma loader ? Which rev cIOS did you install ?
Have any games ever worked on it ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sionsays said:
Using USB Loader and games Pre-Loaded by the WBFS tool, I get "An error has occurred. Eject your disc, power off your console and consult the operations manual" with every single game I've tried, Anyone come into this problem?

What rev cIOS do you have ?
Also which USB loader are you using and does it display the games on your USB drive ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone