OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
redrumbrg said:
quick question, for the backup loader channels you have 2 here -
wing launcher and the gold disc channel but what loader do they use, wiigator or waninkokos loader ?

thanks

There are 2 .dol files in the '/apps/ISO Loader' folder in my zip for the SD card. boot.dol is Wiigators and is default, boot_Waninkoko.dol is wanikokos and can be renamed if required - there is a read me in that folder. By default it uses wiigators , but you can use either.

(Good question)

Seraph863

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! Thanks SO much for making this! Hopefully this should everybody out.

Surprised you haven't edited my questions / answers! They're a little... blatantly put, heh.

Huge thanks once again for the Q&A list!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seraph863 said:
Yay! Thanks SO much for making this! Hopefully this should everybody out.

Surprised you haven't edited my questions / answers! They're a little... blatantly put, heh.

Huge thanks once again for the Q&A list!

Naah your answers were pretty much perfect ... if you want any changed let me know and ill do it.
I was thinking about this myself but your post on one of the threads got me off my bum to search and compile everything cause u that the basic most asked ones in that which was great.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
macmoreira said:
Fantastic job! But I have a question. Can I install Pal Opera on my NTSC-US Wii?

Nope you need the NTSC version - IronMask posted a link to it somewhere.

- and ill add that to the questions at the start - Thanks for asking.
http://rapidshare.com/files/151319108/Oper...-wiivc.wad.html

Ahem... it's right here...

Awesome job.... now if we can just all stay in one thread... because I am getting dizzy!
wub.gif

I didn't read the compatability list lately... but LEGO Indiana Jones NTSC USA works perfect Wiigator Loader..

By the way, Taz... maybe you can post us an image of that swedish hottie so I can get a better idea of her um.. measurements..
grog.gif

redrumbrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
redrumbrg said:
quick question, for the backup loader channels you have 2 here -
wing launcher and the gold disc channel but what loader do they use, wiigator or waninkokos loader ?

thanks

There are 2 .dol files in the '/apps/ISO Loader' folder in my zip for the SD card. boot.dol is Wiigators and is default, boot_Waninkoko.dol is wanikokos and can be renamed if required - there is a read me in that folder. By default it uses wiigators , but you can use either.

(Good question)

thanks but that was not what i was asking. i was talking about the backup loader channels not the boot.dol files through homebrew. again there are 2 files winglauncher.dol.wad and golddiscchannellauncher.wad these are both channels that don't need the boot.dol in order to run, that is required only through the homebrew channel to run the application. these channels i assume are like most channels and don't need anything else in order to run, so what version of backup loader are they using wiigator or waninkokos??

thanks again

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
redrumbrg said:
thanks but that was not what i was asking. i was talking about the backup loader channels not the boot.dol files through homebrew. again there are 2 files winglauncher.dol.wad and golddiscchannellauncher.wad these are both channels that don't need the boot.dol in order to run, that is required only through the homebrew channel to run the application. these channels i assume are like most channels and don't need anything else in order to run, so what version of backup loader are they using wiigator or waninkokos??

thanks again

Sorry man - both the channel loaders use WiiGators loader

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IronMask said:
djtaz said:
macmoreira said:
Fantastic job! But I have a question. Can I install Pal Opera on my NTSC-US Wii?

Nope you need the NTSC version - IronMask posted a link to it somewhere.

- and ill add that to the questions at the start - Thanks for asking.
http://rapidshare.com/files/151319108/Oper...-wiivc.wad.html

Ahem... it's right here...

Awesome job.... now if we can just all stay in one thread... because I am getting dizzy!
wub.gif

I didn't read the compatability list lately... but LEGO Indiana Jones NTSC USA works perfect Wiigator Loader..

By the way, Taz... maybe you can post us an image of that swedish hottie so I can get a better idea of her um.. measurements..
grog.gif

Uh mate, the opera channel is not freeware and it is against the rules of this forum to post it here.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
Uh mate, the opera channel is not freeware and it is against the rules of this forum to post it here.

Technically, you just posted it as well and broke the rules too.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could someone give me the link to the forum topic on the step-bystep instructions onto how to install the wii ISO loader this is my first time hearing about this and really hope to be able to use this awesome invention!!! =D

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about posting that link......not! (Just kidding) I thought it was freeware as well...

Anways... So I got a question I don't think has been answered because I am now kind of over the big hype and want to actually use the mod for what it was totally intended for...and that was ripping them to devices and network.... So I've read about the option for BackingUp one of your games with the Wii Dumper by Waninoko.. I have installed the IOS5 and have gotten it to even show me the ip address of the wii and actually have the 2 links (reset wii and downlooad rip from wii of the original disc)
I am not able to access the Wii rgiht now unless I want to wake up a 5 year old...but there is a part where it asks you what size you want to make it.... what are you putting for that size? I am doing NTSC so do I do I set it to the size of the cd? or do i put the size it usally rips them from seeing previous rips.. which is what around 4.5GB... and do I have to patch my own backup when I do this? or does it come prepatched? Because that would be a good added feature in the developement of this project... So drop that one in the suggestion box for me Taz! (By the way...um you can keep your swedish model too!)

Anyways... let me know what you come up with on that size... I don't have a SD card big enough for the rip if comesout 4+ gb and I do not possess the USB Gecko... I do have a 16GB flashdrive...but I tried it and it does not recognize it...nor the 8gb I have as well....

So if anyone has this issue as well...we need more input?!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Sorry about posting that link......not! (Just kidding) I thought it was freeware as well...

Anways... So I got a question I don't think has been answered because I am now kind of over the big hype and want to actually use the mod for what it was totally intended for...and that was ripping them to devices and network.... So I've read about the option for BackingUp one of your games with the Wii Dumper by Waninoko.. I have installed the IOS5 and have gotten it to even show me the ip address of the wii and actually have the 2 links (reset wii and downlooad rip from wii of the original disc)
I am not able to access the Wii rgiht now unless I want to wake up a 5 year old...but there is a part where it asks you what size you want to make it.... what are you putting for that size? I am doing NTSC so do I do I set it to the size of the cd? or do i put the size it usally rips them from seeing previous rips.. which is what around 4.5GB... and do I have to patch my own backup when I do this? or does it come prepatched? Because that would be a good added feature in the developement of this project... So drop that one in the suggestion box for me Taz! (By the way...um you can keep your swedish model too!)

Anyways... let me know what you come up with on that size... I don't have a SD card big enough for the rip if comesout 4+ gb and I do not possess the USB Gecko... I do have a 16GB flashdrive...but I tried it and it does not recognize it...nor the 8gb I have as well....

I think it only asks for the size if your saving to the SD card, but you can save directly to your laptops HD over wifi.
On the first page of the Wii when it asks where you want to save , if you select network (left and right buttons) and u get the ip address etc... go to your laptop and type in the link an it should save the file to your laptops desktop without asking for a size and you dont need any SD card.
I tried it that way with Wii sports as a single layer DVD and it worked fine - took 5 hours , but it worked....... and are u sure u dont want in with the swedish models ?
tongue.gif

professa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi

haven't seen this answered anywhere

i have a bunch of ISOs on my pc's hard drive that have been hacked with trucha signer for my chipped wii
can they still be patched to work with the loader on my brothers unchipped wii
or do they need to be patched from fresh ISOs

thanks

dr99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does your install package work the same with the latest wii firmware out?

if i rent twilight princess and install everything will i be able to update the backup loader if a new version comes out using only homebrew channel and not needing twilight princess again?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
professa said:
hi

i have a bunch of ISOs on my pc's hard drive that have been hacked with trucha signer for my chipped wii

thanks

Why do you hack a game for the chipped Wii ??
I have a modded wii and i can burn the ISO's as is so im not sure.

To be honest the only thing i can say is , try patching an ISO and burn it , and see what happens ... its such a specific question and not many will have a similar setup so its best to just give it a go and let everyone else know the outcome

Sorry i cant be of more help on this one :s

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dr99 said:
does your install package work the same with the latest wii firmware out?
Yes it works , No its not my backup loader - its a zip of files others have released thats updated as things come out.

QUOTE(dr99 @ Oct 10 2008, 01:59 PM) if i rent twilight princess and install everything will i be able to update the backup loader if a new version comes out using only homebrew channel and not needing twilight princess again?
You only need Twilight princess to install homebrew - it only needs to be installed once and once its on there you can do everything else , so yes, once you rent out zelda and get homebrew on , everything else can be updated from the SD card.

Assuming you bought a copy of Zelda and were living in Canada where backup copies are legal , you could use the the wii dumper in the zip to back up the game as well so you wouldnt have to scratch the original disc when playing it.

professa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
professa said:
hi

thanks

Why do you hack a game for the chipped Wii ??
I have a modded wii and i can burn the ISO's as is so im not sure.

To be honest the only thing i can say is , try patching an ISO and burn it , and see what happens ... its such a specific question and not many will have a similar setup so its best to just give it a go and let everyone else know the outcome

Sorry i cant be of more help on this one :s

thanks for replying
i used trucha signer on ISOs to remove 001, region patch, etc
never did the wiikey upgrade for SMG as read so many people having issues
so i went down the trucha path and haven't changed from that yet
i've not entered the homebrew scene yet so i didn't really want to mess about with my bros wii
unless i know all the ISOs i have stored will work for him (can't be bothered to rip them all again)
i guess this may all change when i'm forced to upgrade to system 3.3 tho and my signed discs stop working
thanks again

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
professa said:
i've not entered the homebrew scene yet so i didn't really want to mess about with my bros wii
unless i know all the ISOs i have stored will work for him (can't be bothered to rip them all again)
i guess this may all change when i'm forced to upgrade to system 3.3 tho and my signed discs stop working
thanks again

You can uninstall everything you have installed with regards to homebrew so its worth trying it on just one game and see how it goes - and you should be up and running in about 10 mins with the files in my zip combined with the how to in there ... its quite simple really and all removable if it doesnt work. No one has bricked a wii yet on these homebrew products so its pretty safe as well.

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
IronMask said:

I think it only asks for the size if your saving to the SD card, but you can save directly to your laptops HD over wifi.
On the first page of the Wii when it asks where you want to save , if you select network (left and right buttons) and u get the ip address etc... go to your laptop and type in the link an it should save the file to your laptops desktop without asking for a size and you dont need any SD card.
I tried it that way with Wii sports as a single layer DVD and it worked fine - took 5 hours , but it worked....... and are u sure u dont want in with the swedish models ?
tongue.gif

If they're loaded with cash sure I'll take 3 of the older swedish models... who can't have enough sugar mommas right?!
hate2.gif

Yea, I was just messing around with that Wii dumper and saw where it asked for the size... I will give it a try later today...

Update on another game i didnt see in the list was CSI Hard Evidence NTSC... It compresses only to like 1.x gbs and won't burn with latest image burn so I used Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 and it burned on that one... and the game works (Wiigator loader)...

I have a few more games to test...but it's hard prying the Wiimote from my kid's hands now that he has so many games to play...
Because now that I have homebrew I put the popular homebrew emulators on as well... With all the roms for each one...so he is overwhelmed...(so am I)
I feel like a kid in a candy store sometimes... the crazy thing is I still don't play games like I used to now that I have them all...
I think the overall excitement for me is being able to do it or the challenge of getting all this to work...Guess you could say I am more addicted
to the lifestyle than playing the games...and my kid thinks he's the luckiest kid in the world to have such a cool Wii now...

Anyways...again hats off to all that have made this possible and still continue to work on it... I am online all the time so if someone needs me to help them...let me know... I would be glad to...

grog.gif

And thanks again Taz...you have gone beyond the call of duty on this.... because without your FAQs and zips I wouldn't be able to help others I have introduced this to on my private sites..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands