Wii Disc Read Error

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by itachi0137, Aug 26, 2010.

Aug 26, 2010

Wii Disc Read Error by itachi0137 at 9:51 AM (1,572 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. itachi0137
    OP

Newcomer itachi0137 Newbie

United States
    Well first, I'm new to this, but I looked around for answers related to this topic a little bit and I couldn't find anything that solved my problem. Onto the subject, yesterday, I read that you can burn a full copy of SSBB on a single layer disc to play versus matches (or something like that) So I burned the game and tried to boot it in my Wii, but it said Disc Read Error with NeoGamma r7 and read error 1408 with NeoGamma r8.. Then, I downloaded Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, burned it normally, and tried to play it, but the same disc read errors occurred.. A while back, I downloaded Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and burned it the same way I did yesterday, and it booted fine, but I lost that DVD. But now, every burned game I try to play AFTER the "SSBB Incident" can't be read on my Wii, but it CAN read all the games I burned before this incident. Help is appreciated and sorry if this topic is 'spam' of some sort or something.

2. Dionysus

Member Dionysus GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  3. itachi0137
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the reply but is there any chance of Nintendo 'detecting' that my wii is hacked or something along those lines? Or any chance of me getting caught playing burn games on the Wii?

4. Dionysus

United Kingdom
    They will detect the home brew channel and most likely remove the homebew by updating your Wii

btw do you have a ds?

5. itachi0137
    OP

United States
    What if I just remove the Homebrew channel alone, or would I have to unhack my Wii altogether? And won't updating the Wii brick it? And yes I do have a DS.

6. Dionysus

United Kingdom
    Its safe to unhack the wii(if thats possible) or remove the channel and let nintendo fix the wii (they can not give u a bricked wii thats illegal) and i have heard updating can brick the wii but depends what version it is.

Do you play Jump Ultimate Stars on the DS? its an anime/manga game with awesome online check out this vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqkjtqHNn8

7. itachi0137
    OP

United States
    Yea unhacking is possible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWDj4sQkdMk But would it be safer to just remove the homebrew channel or unhack it altogether?

And Yes I have that game. If you want to play online, I'm afraid you're out of luck because my internet and WPA2 and my DS can't connect to the wifi. Sorry [​IMG]

8. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    I'm terrible at that game [​IMG]

9. Dionysus

United Kingdom
    Yes i would recommend that, then once its fixed hack it again : D

NOOOOO i really want to play you online [​IMG] cant u change it to WEP temporary please [​IMG]

10. Dionysus

United Kingdom
    Your not terrible ... im terrible ..hey i got an idea how about we play each other as were both amateurs, plus its a good game lets not waste this opportunity : D

11. itachi0137
    OP

United States
    Thanks man I appreciate your help a lot [​IMG]

I've tried changing the security type to WEP and I even turned it off, but my DS still couldn't connect.. I'm sorry, but maybe you could try with Fudgenuts [​IMG]

12. Dionysus

United Kingdom
    I will help you step by step to get it working i wanna play you guys. please if your not too busy, if u are i understand .

13. itachi0137
    OP

United States
    Lol haha sorry but I can't right now :/ I'm gonna have to go eat and then to a friends house.. But we'll try tomorrow if that's okay