Wii disc of self-loading emulators

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Ziggy Zigzagoon, May 12, 2011.

May 12, 2011
  1. Ziggy Zigzagoon
    OP

Member Ziggy Zigzagoon GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    Someone I know is a huge Sonic fan, thus having Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems Collection, and Sonic Adventure DX. One day, we ended up getting an idea of having an uber-collection of every Sonic game in one disc. Of course, this might not be 100% possible (for example, in the case of Sonic Shuffle, buying the actual game with a Dreamcast would be easier), but I would like to know if I can make my own game collection with self-loading emulators (if those exist). I wonder if I can even make a simple GUI that would lead the player to several menus, that is, a game menu or a manual menu or even a video or comic menu, all with the appropriate players.

THIS IS NOT FOR ILLEGAL ROM-SELLING YO. This is just a thought-experiment that, even if implemented in real life, would just be a novelty item for our personal use only.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Perhaps you should try punemu. It basically is a way to create your own disc, containing Tantric's emulators, wii64 and genesis plus gx (not the version that supports SMS, though). the GUI is all there, so all you really need is some time to figure it all out (all the info is in that thread, though you may need to read slowly). Oh, and of course the roms for whatever games you want to add, as those are not included.