Hacking Wii disc file explorer/extractor?

MrTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been looking around to see if there's anything like this, and as far as I can tell there isn't. So I figured I'd ask just to make sure I haven't missed it somehow.

Ok, so you have things like the Wiifuse that can open up an ISO of a game that you've ripped and stuck on your computer somewhere and look through all the files within. But then there's something like WUFE which extracts the update files from the game inserted in your Wii.

What I'm looking for is a kind of medium between the two. Lets you look through the on-disc files on your Wii and only extract whichever ones you're interested in. Because it takes forever to rip an ISO from my Wii to my PC, and I'm half paranoid about wearing out my laser doing that too much. Plus it just seems like it would be easier to cut out the middle man.

So does such a program exist?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Trucha Signer or later versions of WiiScrubber will let you remove/replace individual files.

If the discs are already backups - you can read them / dump isos using your PC... but I doubt there'd be any significant wear on your wii laser anyway.

D

Deleted User

Then you're looking for FTPii.

Use the latest version (0.0.18) which allows you to extract files off DVDs. DVDx also must be installed prior before FTPii.

MrTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So it lets you explore Wii games in the drive? Original, non-burnt ones?

SenorClean said:
Trucha Signer or later versions of WiiScrubber will let you remove/replace individual files.

If the discs are already backups - you can read them / dump isos using your PC... but I doubt there'd be any significant wear on your wii laser anyway.
Yeah, it's just that dumping ISOs takes forever and it's such a waste of time (and HDD space) to go and spend a couple of hours copying several gigs when all you might want is a hundred or two meg, which is why I'd rather just pull them straight from the game..

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original and backup games can be read from the drive with ftpii, you just have to be able to connect your wii to a network, either wired or wireless. You access your wii files including from the DVD through any FTP program (including most webbrowsers).

MrTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome. Now it's n00b time. I've got ftpii on there and I've installed DVDx, but when it starts up it says "Mounting Wii image..." or whatever it is exactly, and all three of them failed. How does I fix?

MrTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nevermind, figured it. Had to go and do advanced install of DVDx because it was looking at 254 for cios when it was actually in 249. Not failing anymore.

MrTaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, apparently not. It's mounting it alright, but the WOD directory isn't showing up for me.

Also I found this:

Blue-K said:
I'm trying to get some Infos here, in the "Official-Thread"
smile.gif
. I'm using FTPii 0.0.18, it works and is stable. Now, I have some questions about the Dumping-Ability...

1)In the WOD-Folder (where the Disc is), I get always a .img-File. Someone said it's normal. Is it realy normal? Shouldn't there be an .iso-File?
2)Also some people said you can browse through the Wii-discs with FTPii? I always only see the .img-File...

Can anybody help me (again
smile.gif
)? many Thanks in Advance!!!
So does that mean this is basically the same as using Wiihttpd to dump the iso?

Edit: Yay for showing off my n00bness. Got the WOD and FST directories showing up now, seems the disc just gets unmounted after a little while and I have to go tell it to mount it again. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night