Hacking Wii Detecting Mod Chip With Pikmin And Donkey Kong Jungle Beat?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing an backup channel gama installation for a good friend of mine and can't seem to get his wii to play the donkey kong jungle beat or pikmin Japanese re-releases. The games boot fine but i get a black screen with gibberish on pikmin on the main menu and a much more legible, though Japanese, message on donkey kong jungle beat. Could the mod chip on his wii be the problem? I ask because my wii has no mod chip and loads the games fine.

Here's a picture of what happens on jungle beat.

p1000328ra4.jpg

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i'm using gamma with the 002 fix but if it's specifically because of his mod chip then ile have to let him know.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if he has a mod chip why are you putting gamma on his system? he should be able to play his discs from the disc channel already... And if you installed the 002 fixed gamma on his system then it shouldn't still be happenning... Does he have the required IOS for the games already in his system? Also it may have something to do with system language not being jap but i was fairly certain mod chips worked around that. he may need to update his chip firmware

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
if he has a mod chip why are you putting gamma on his system? he should be able to play his discs from the disc channel already... And if you installed the 002 fixed gamma on his system then it shouldn't still be happenning... Does he have the required IOS for the games already in his system? Also it may have something to do with system language not being jap but i was fairly certain mod chips worked around that. he may need to update his chip firmware
depends on his chip..may not support 001....i have to use a loader, or trucha them..for disc chan

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing it because his chip isn't functioning properly for what he wants. I think he got a knockoff or bootleg of one of the more popular ones.

PS: what ios would i need to operate his system on to get past the 002 error normally? I'm fairly certain it's on 249.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He needs to install IOS53 or IOS55.... or both. So he can run the games normally through the disc channel (if he doesn't have a really old or bad chip)

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wings use the riskiwii thread, the name is misleading, it is perfectly safe well over 100 successful installs so far.
or you can just pull the cios from that to install on his wii if you don't want to do the rest
smile.gif

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded ios 53 and 55, installed both through wad manager and donkey kong works fine now. Looks like that fixed it, thanks for the help guys.

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, yeah, now I see it. Kinda stupid to make it only in his signature though. It should be the first thing on the page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh