Wii decided to just not work anymore

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hypnotizing, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Hypnotizing
    OP

Hypnotizing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2015
    Mexico
    Hi everyone, i bought a second hand wii a couple of months back, the one with the gamecube ports, it came vanilla i modded it and it went flawlessly. Games and homebrew, no problem.

It became a netflix machine after that, barely used it for anything else.

I packed a hdd with games, and boot up usb loader gx to play some SSB Brawl and that's when the problems began, selecting a game would freeze the screen , just the hand pointer would move, i tought it could be the sd card being the problem, formatting it again and redonwloading the homebrew apps did nothing, the homebrew channel wont display my homebrew apps , so i moved them to my hdd.

The hdd had ntfs at the time , changed it to fat 32, no luck either. Changing the hdd case to a Y Cable one , no results.

So i deleted the game from the hdd and ripped my own copy, still the same Usb loader gx wouldn't play it, no matter what, using wiiflow broght the same results.

Here's the funny thing, CFG usb loader seems to work, it gets past the selection screen, boots up the game , and goes fine from there.

Now even that won't work, screen freeze on every loader, some freezes while selecting usb loader gx forwarder in the main menu.

I don't know what to do, maybe reinstalling cios?, restoring the console to factory settings and modding it again?

2. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    i would just reinstall cios over what is there now and all should work

Yan3 likes this.