Hacking Wii crash with Grand Slam tennis on NeoGamma

Blaatkip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First off all, Hi everyone already thnx for the time and effort you guys put into this helping everyone out.
I've searched the forums first but I don't think this was reported before.

before i can explain my problem i'll post 2 seperate setups.

-Old setup-
Homebrew channel + Backup Channel 0.3G IoS rev10, system menu 4.1e

I could basicly play everygame i tried and had no problems at all.
Then i tried to play wii resorts and i came here after searching the web.
-New setup-
Put NeoGamma R7 on my sd(apps folder), installed rev14, fetched the player.dol from the iso
loaded NeoGamma from HBC, loaded the alternate dol. viewed the movie all went fine.
Then I started the game, and for the first time it started (was so happy!)

Then trouble in paradise, I don't have a motion+ sensor yet, wanted to try resort and grand slam for a bit
before i bought 4 of them... anyway when i click on the movie the wii resets.

After that i figured i needed a motion+ sensor so i put in Grand slam tennis.

Loaded with NeoGamma but to my surprise it diddn't load, I see the White 'Caution screen'
then the Green Screen from Grand Slam Tennis, but it gets stuck there.
Have to hold down the power key to shut it down.

Then i tried to start it with the Backup Channel 0.3G, but now I get a 002 error
Downgraded rev14 to rev10.
Now i get a error in Neogamma when i start NeoGamma (rev error should do that) and i can't start resort anymore.
With Grand Slam tennis i get the same problem (freezing in green screen)
But my Backup Channel 0.3g will play Grand Slam tennis without a problem. (only on rev 10)

Questions in short:
1. Can the backup channel 0.3G somehow 'bug' Neogamma so it won't start Grand Slam
2. How can grandslam tennis run on backupchannel 0.3G + rev10 but won't work on 0.3g+rev14
3. Why won't Neogamma start grandslam on rev10 like backupchannel o.3g does?
4. How do i install Neogamma like a channel instead of running it from Homebrew channel
4. How can i make Neogramma run all my games not just resort

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can answer your Grand Slam Tennis question.....Set the video mode to NTSC 480p and it will work...sounds strange i know, but it works...

Blaatkip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Basicly that would take care of all my problems, but indeed doesn't anwer any of my questions.
Why does it load (without forcing) on backupchannel 0.3g and rev10

Will try this thnx

jooku1

Trophies
XP
Country
Similar thing happened to me. I was on 4.1e, running cIOS38 rev 13b and using backup launcher gamma 0.3. Grand Slam Tennis ran fine without forcing any video mode. Then decided to update to rev 14 running Neogamma r7. After that got the same problem with you, GST loads, gets to the green background screen (with a short video corruption at the bottom of the screen) and then hangs without the spinning tennis ball in the lower right corner.
Had to hard reboot the Wii.
Tried reinstalling rev 13b and using backup launcher0.3g again but to no avail.

Now it only loads when I force it to PAL576i. Not a biggie, but curious as to why it requires this step now and not previously.

Blaatkip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jooku1 said:
Similar thing happened to me. I was on 4.1e, running cIOS38 rev 13b and using backup launcher gamma 0.3. Grand Slam Tennis ran fine without forcing any video mode. Then decided to update to rev 14 running Neogamma r7. After that got the same problem with you, GST loads, gets to the green background screen (with a short video corruption at the bottom of the screen) and then hangs without the spinning tennis ball in the lower right corner.
Had to hard reboot the Wii.
Tried reinstalling rev 13b and using backup launcher0.3g again but to no avail.

Now it only loads when I force it to PAL576i. Not a biggie, but curious as to why it requires this step now and not previously.

Your discription especially the (wit a short video corruption at the bottom of the screen) is SPOT on, I diddn't even notice it before since the screen always flashes a bit when u start a game.
you got it working with another setting then posted above.

Still wondering what could be causing this

jooku1

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm...looks like nobody else is having this problem. Just the 2 of us
rolleyes.gif

Well, as long as it works now I'm not too bothered. Until the next update that is......

montyzoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Work this one out,

My Wii is on 3.1, Neogamma R6 cIOS13a, ios38-64-v3609, ios53-64-v4113 ,ios55-64-v4633 and i can run Grand Slam WITHOUT any changes to settings..

as im writing this i have noticed that the wad file used to install cios13a is ios38-64-v3610 (a later version than the stand alone wad)

BUT

when i softmod other 3.1 wiis Grand Slam wont work unless setting are changed to PAL573 (THANKS to this thread for the solution)

SO its not just you with the problem, it exists

I dont know why mine works and others dont, Is it possible the install order has an effect, and should i be installing ios38-64-v3610 not just using it for a base to install into cios249. ????

pandawii

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a similar problem, with neogamma most games work bar a few which have like a fuzzy bit at the bottom of the screen and play in b&w which sucks
1st it thought it was my ios249 but after updating that still does it =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls