Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Cover Downloader
v1.1 released 23/7/2010

Download covers for use with usb loaders:
Choose to load your wbfs folder or select games from the wiitdb.com titles.txt.
Download single covers for 2d,3d,disc,customdisc, full and fullHQ, or download all avaiable covers for selected game.
Download all covers for all available games.
Check availablilty of covers before downloading.
Choose which language to search covers for.
Right-click on game to open corresponding page on wiitdb.com
*Download wiiware images for use with triiforce

I decided to use seperate folders for every cover type, so you get:
2D
3D
disc
disccustom
full
fullhq

easier to manage this way.

Cover folder layout:
11222-1.png

11222-2.png

11222-3.png

11222-4.png

12341-5.png

Download:
I accept no responsibility if this software blows your house up, or turns your pc into a mac.
link deleted until fixed

Without lustar and all the contributors to http://wiitdb.com this app wouldnt exist so thanks to the wiitdb team.

Huge thanks to cambric for your help.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Very interesting idea, this tool was really missing.... not all people have a wii connected to internet and this apps solves their problem in a great way.

This apps is so interesting that deserves to receive all of the possible comments or ideas for further improvements....
This are my two cents ideas:

1) allow the feature to select the prioritary contry of the covers to be downloaded first....
as an example, if "FR" is chosen then the France covers are first downloaded from WiiTDB, if they are missing the choice goes to the EN ones...

2) allow the option to first download HQ fullcovers and if they are missing to download the standard fullcovers

3) allow the possibility to download the covers related not to the directories present in usb:/wbfs/ but related to the id_games present in a txt file or copy/pasted in the app...
this could allow the people to download the covers even if the external usb HD is not connected to the PC but is still in the wii... this could allow also the people to download covers of games not present in the wbfs directory...

Thanks for this very good piece of software and sincere compliments for the idea...

Cambo

r3lay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
1) allow the feature to select the prioritary contry of the covers to be downloaded first....
as an example, if "FR" is chosen then the France covers are first downloaded from WiiTDB, if they are missing the choice goes to the EN ones...
It makes senses to have this option.Will add.

QUOTE said:
2) allow the option to first download HQ fullcovers and if they are missing to download the standard fullcovers
Will add.

3) allow the possibility to download the covers related not to the directories present in usb:/wbfs/ but related to the id_games present in a txt file or copy/pasted in the app...
this could allow the people to download the covers even if the external usb HD is not connected to the PC but is still in the wii... this could allow also the people to download covers of games not present in the wbfs directory...
Why would you want the cover if you haven't got the game?, but i can add a option to input a game id( or game title?) and then choose to download the covers for that game.

Thanks for the comments guys(or gals).

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Absolutely loving the idea of this application.

I'd also like the option to allow downloads for non wbfs folder games, possibly using titles.txt?

I havent yet moved from wbfs partition to fat32 partition, so it isnt because I wish to download covers for games I do not have, but simply for games I do not have on a FAT32 drive.

Thank you for creating this.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
r3lay said:
Why would you want the cover if you haven't got the game?, but i can add a option to input a game id( or game title?) and then choose to download the covers for that game.
Just because people can have a wbfs drive connected to the wii, or may just want to download covers for games they are going to backup in the future...

The better idea is the one by fluffykiwi, that is to download the covers by using the file titles.txt ....

Thanks for this extremely useful tool

lixoman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you very much for this tool, I found myself in need of this kind of program.

I was wondering if you could add two features:
1 - Download all missing; a single button instead of having to click on all four "missing" buttons and waiting in between
2 - Detect .ISO files in addition to .WBFS. Some of us are switching to .isos since some loaders have been adding support to that. I was able to work around this by renaming all my .iso to .wbfs for the downloader to detect my games.

I'd also like to reiterate the other suggestions regarding allowing us to choose which order to look for the languages and to download HQ full covers if available.

Thank you once again for the tool.

r3lay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lixoman100 said:
Thank you very much for this tool, I found myself in need of this kind of program.

I was wondering if you could add two features:
1 - Download all missing; a single button instead of having to click on all four "missing" buttons and waiting in between
2 - Detect .ISO files in addition to .WBFS. Some of us are switching to .isos since some loaders have been adding support to that. I was able to work around this by renaming all my .iso to .wbfs for the downloader to detect my games.

I'd also like to reiterate the other suggestions regarding allowing us to choose which order to look for the languages and to download HQ full covers if available.

Thank you once again for the tool.

Thanks for comments.

Detecting Iso's will be in the next release.
Downloading customdisc images and HQ full covers, choosing the language has already been added.
Need to add the 'download all missing' feature.

sfingolipido

Trophies
XP
Country
Great work, only 2 questions:

1- Why i cant download covers from spanish language? I only can download 2d and 3d and no always.
2- Can you made that we dowload all covers at same time?

Sorry for my english.
wink2.gif

r3lay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sfingolipido said:
Great work, only 2 questions:

1- Why i cant download covers from spanish language? I only can download 2d and 3d and no always.
2- Can you made that we dowload all covers at same time?

Sorry for my english.
wink2.gif
1.Which game specifically can you not download the spanish cover for, a quick search on wiitdb.com show that ES covers are limited in appearance.
2.Download every cover for all games that are in the wbfs folder or for every game?

Hellow

Trophies
XP
Country
ive tried searching the AU stuff using this, and it cant find anything not 1, and the same appears to happen with every other region? whats going on?, when ever i click check all, i get red check buttons under everything? im using the titles.txt feature.

sfingolipido

Trophies
XP
Country
r3lay said:
2.Download every cover for all games that are in the wbfs folder or for every game?
For all games in the WBFS folder.

QUOTE(r3lay @ Dec 27 2009, 03:53 AM) 1.Which game specifically can you not download the spanish cover for, a quick search on wiitdb.com show that ES covers are limited in appearance.
Can you add to this tool another sites to search covers like www.wiiboxart.com?

Thanks for answer.

r3lay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellow said:
ive tried searching the AU stuff using this, and it cant find anything not 1, and the same appears to happen with every other region? whats going on?, when ever i click check all, i get red check buttons under everything? im using the titles.txt feature.

Quick test with R8PP01 - Super Paper Mario, gets me two covers for AU,
untitled.png

Posts merged

sfingolipido said:
r3lay said:

QUOTE(r3lay @ Dec 27 2009, 03:53 AM)
1.Which game specifically can you not download the spanish cover for, a quick search on wiitdb.com show that ES covers are limited in appearance.

Thanks for answer.

I'll add the get all feature soon, i may add searching from other sites later.

Hellow

Trophies
XP
Country
r3lay said:
Hellow said:

Quick test with R8PP01 - Super Paper Mario, gets me two covers for AU,
untitled.png

Posts merged

sfingolipido said:
r3lay said:

QUOTE(r3lay @ Dec 27 2009, 03:53 AM)

Thanks for answer.

I'll add the get all feature soon, i may add searching from other sites later.

for some reason, now i can download some but when i do they are 0bytes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...