Wii Cover and Disc art question and suggestion

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Elliander, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm wondering something: Where does USB Loader GX, Wiiflow, WODE, and Wii Backup Manager download their cover art and disc images from? And if an image is missing or wrong, is there a way to submit a correction?

For example, I own the Gamecube Games "Lost Kingdoms" I and II, Pikmin 2 (for both GC and Wii), Amazing Island, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and a few others where cover arts are downloadable, but there is no disc art. Since I actually own the games I play I would have no problem scanning an image for upload.

Also, an idea: If the Wii can read .pdf files, could there be a way to upload ebooks of game manuals for upload to be opened from within such programs? I'm not entirely sure what program I would need to use to create an ebook of my manuals, but it would be nice to back them up as well along with the back cover and for some way to view them from the launcher. I don't have all manuals since I bought some games used, but I do have at least a dozen Gamecube manuals and a few Wii manuals.

2. Snowmanne

Member Snowmanne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    USB Loader GX, Wiiflow, and Wii Backup Manager (not sure about WODE) get their cover from GameTDB and if you want to contribute game information or add covers you need to sign up.

3. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the information :)