Gaming Wii console black screen (but the signal is on)

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Please read my story carefully*

first time this happen on my wii when i play mario strikers, and suddenly my wii is dead (no signal) and i try to turn it on again and unplugging the ac adaptor from wall and reconnect it back, when i press the power button on the console, the green light is flashing. and i try to press and hold down the power button for 10 second, green light flashing continiously, but nothing happen.
2 days later, i change my ac adaptor and the green light is on like normal but my wii just give me a black screen (but with signal on tv) the Wii remote is not syncing and the black screen still there...tried everything, switching off and on, plugging/unplugging cables, different wii remotes...still nothing. i have Priiloader installed and by holding the reset i can access the priiloader menu. but yet can't do anything as the remotes won't connect.

Thats all my story. please help me as fast as you can. Thanks.

Reactions: FANDROID_SWIMBOIS

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Please read my story carefully*

first time this happen on my wii when i play mario strikers, and suddenly my wii is dead (no signal) and i try to turn it on again and unplugging the ac adaptor from wall and reconnect it back, when i press the power button on the console, the green light is flashing. and i try to press and hold down the power button for 10 second, green light flashing continiously, but nothing happen.
2 days later, i change my ac adaptor and the green light is on like normal but my wii just give me a black screen (but with signal on tv) the Wii remote is not syncing and the black screen still there...tried everything, switching off and on, plugging/unplugging cables, different wii remotes...still nothing. i have Priiloader installed and by holding the reset i can access the priiloader menu. but yet can't do anything as the remotes won't connect.

Thats all my story. please help me as fast as you can. Thanks.

Hello.:)

You say you can access the PRIILOADER.Then your Cables,Power Adaptor seems to be ok.
For what I know you can not sync the Wii Remote in Priiloader.The ONLY way to navigate then would be a Gamecube Controller if you have one and your Wii has the Connectors.:(

What happened when you put a original Game into the Wii and Re-Boot it please ?

Thank you.:)

Reactions: IncredulousP

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

You say you can access the PRIILOADER.Then your Cables,Power Adaptor seems to be ok.
For what I know you can not sync the Wii Remote in Priiloader.The ONLY way to navigate then would be a Gamecube Controller if you have one and your Wii has the Connectors.:(

What happened when you put a original Game into the Wii and Re-Boot it please ?

Sorry too late reply....
i dont have GC controller and my dvd drive not working anymore. So when i put mkwii original disc on my wii and reboot, nothing happen.
I have a plan to buy a used wii... but my save data is gone. actually, i've been backup my nand but i forgot about that.... because there is a thousand folder on my laptop:D

Reactions: Alexander1970

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I can not confirm this ,because I have not an USB keyboard at hand but I am 99% sure NO because of no cIOS with USB access is loading.Priiloader is the very FIRST thing loading before all other.:(
Ok i will to buy a GC cont. but what port should i use? after that, can i also install a new WAD for wii system with GC controller only?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
what your mean about ''recovery method''?
That means after a bad Channel installer or a wrong IOS when your Wii is no longer booting into Wii System Menu and you DO NOT have PRIILOADER/BootMii installed,that is maybe the LAST chance to get your Wii back.

- Gamecube Controller in Port 4
- manage it in some way to press all 4 ways on the Controller cross simultaneously (there is some "dongle" if you do not have a controller or can not get all pressed all 4 ways simultaneously called SaveMii but very rare to get now -> https://savemii.net/ )
- then you get on an "black screen" (with maybe your Wii´s System Number or not depends on what number your Wii is)
- with a original Game with the latest system Menu on you can "recover" your Wii (you see if you are already on latest 4.3 you may have an unsolvable problem...then only a ModChip can now help.)

If something sounds "similar" to some "actions" from your issue with your Wii,then you "maybe" have possibly kept something from us on your first post.:rofl2:

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: Sathya

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
That means after a bad Channel installer or a wrong IOS when your Wii is no longer booting into Wii System Menu and you DO NOT have PRIILOADER/BootMii installed,that is maybe the LAST chance to get your Wii back.

- Gamecube Controller in Port 4
- manage it in some way to press all 4 ways on the Controller cross simultaneously (there is some "dongle" if you do not have a controller or can not get all pressed all 4 ways simultaneously called SaveMii but very rare to get now -> https://savemii.net/ )
- then you get on an "black screen" (with maybe your Wii´s System Number or not depends on what number your Wii is)
- with a original Game with the latest system Menu on you can "recover" your Wii (you see if you are already on latest 4.3 you may have an unsolvable problem...then only a ModChip can now help.)

If something sounds "similar" to some "actions" from your issue with your Wii,then you "maybe" have possibly kept something from us on your first post.:rofl2:

so, if i have a priiloader access and GC cont, so i can recover my wii even when i have the latest 4.3U?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
so, if i have a priiloader access and GC cont, so i can recover my wii even when i have the latest 4.3U?

Yes,because with Priiloader you can load:

- BootMii IOS (where you also need the Gamecube Controller !! )
- Homebrew Channel
- Applications
- Installer Tools
- Wii Menu

But you need a synced Wii Motion controller or Gamecube Controller for navigating through the Menu.:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what your mean about ''recovery method''?

You can "tell" Priiloader in the settings to boot instead the normal Wii System Menu into the recovery Screen.(
please DO this NOT this voluntarily and without reason !!)

But for that you also need synced Wii Motion controller or Gamecube Controller to navigate.:)

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@alexander1970 i got my GC cont. since 3 days ago, and then try to follow some video tutorial on youtube here:

i follow the steps untill finish but nothing happen, still black screen.
and then i search another video and i try to recover my wii via bootmii. but my bootmii is black screen also. even when i load it via homebrew and prilloader. and after a couple hours i plug in the adaptor and turn on my wii.. and... now my wii
is cannot access prilloader and always black screen. so i want to try recovery method by pressing all of 4 d pad at gc cont, but nothing happens. can i recover my wii without a mod chip? Thanks.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@alexander1970 i got my GC cont. since 3 days ago, and then try to follow some video tutorial on youtube here:

i follow the steps untill finish but nothing happen, still black screen.
and then i search another video and i try to recover my wii via bootmii. but my bootmii is black screen also. even when i load it via homebrew and prilloader. and after a couple hours i plug in the adaptor and turn on my wii.. and... now my wii
is cannot access prilloader and always black screen. so i want to try recovery method by pressing all of 4 d pad at gc cont, but nothing happens. can i recover my wii without a mod chip? Thanks.

Oh no,that hurts...really no more Priiloader access ? :sad:
That Video is from 2011,it is so outdated...sorry.

That means

you have now only a black screen/no Signal when you Power on your Wii ?

Oh no....:(

Without PRIILOADER I see no chance...

But please try to get in RECOVERY MODE and insert a ORIGINAL GAME DISC (one released latest please).
If your Wii is on System Version 4.3 you will see a Message in the right lower Corner.
If your Wii is on a lower Version maybe NO MESSAGE appears only BLACK SCREEN !! Please try the Game Disc tough.

Good Luck.:)

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Oh no,that hurts...really no more Priiloader access ? :sad:
That Video is from 2011,it is so outdated...sorry.

That means

you have now only a black screen/no Signal when you Power on your Wii ?

Oh no....:(

Without PRIILOADER I see no chance...

But please try to get in RECOVERY MODE and insert a ORIGINAL GAME DISC (one released latest please).
If your Wii is on System Version 4.3 you will see a Message in the right lower Corner.
If your Wii is on a lower Version maybe NO MESSAGE appears only BLACK SCREEN !! Please try the Game Disc tough.

Good Luck.:)
Thank you.
i mean is the wii console is on with signal on tv, but just black screen. and i have 4.3u system. btw my disc drive is broken:( and i have one more things that i forgot to tell you. Before i got fully bricked my wii, i can load homebrew channel via prilloader and play GC games with nintendont. but i cannot use my wiimote as controller. only GC controller works. but when i load my wii games from usb loader, it turn to black screen (but with signal)
i know that video is outdate. because the newer tutorial require a bootmii... and my bootmii is black screen also...
i read another tutorial on internet but i need a donor wii... and i must do some elctronic job and it so hard:(
in my country there is a used wii console jus for $30. if my wii cannot recover any more, i think i must buy a new one...
but if you have any suggestion, i need your opinion befor i buy a used wii. Thanks alot:)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun