Wii Connect24 fried my DVD Drive!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Xandu, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Xandu
    OP

Xandu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2007
    Egypt
    Okay so the Wii was working perfectly in the morning. So, I put it on standby (yellow LED) and leave for 2 hours.
    I come back finding the Wii extremely hot and refusing to read discs or even eject/insert them !!!!

So wtf happened now? Is the drive fried or what should I look for inside that could be damaged?

I highly recommend everyone to switch off their automatic Wii Connect24 service right now as it is a retarded piece of crap Nintendo made to get more money...

Thanks,
    Xandu.

2. ciper

ciper GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    Had my Wii since launch. Kept WiiConnect24 on for 18 months straight with no issues.

You have no proof that WiiConnect24 caused the issue. What if it was a power surge during the night?

3. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    No it didnt.

4. guihome

guihome Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2008
    Canada
    Possible

When I let on wii connect 24 I saw 2 circle of different color. Probably GPU overheating because wii connect protocol work like shit.
    So from now on I only connect when I play.

Sorry pal

Good luck

Try send it to nintendo.

[​IMG]

5. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Do you have a modchip installed?

I heard that you should always turn off your Wii Connect24 before installing any modchip. If you don't, there's a risk of Wii Connect24 not working anymore.

But sorry about your problem, D;

I would bitch at a Nintendo support dude on the phone and demand a new Wii since it wasn't your fault.

If they still try and charge you, threaten to blow up the persons car. Or something,

6. klyick

klyick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2007
    United States
    There ain't no way that WiiConnect did anything. It sounds like you have some troublesome hardware.