Wii Connect24 fried my DVD Drive!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Xandu, Sep 28, 2008.

Sep 28, 2008
  1. Xandu
    OP

Member Xandu GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    Okay so the Wii was working perfectly in the morning. So, I put it on standby (yellow LED) and leave for 2 hours.
    I come back finding the Wii extremely hot and refusing to read discs or even eject/insert them !!!!

So wtf happened now? Is the drive fried or what should I look for inside that could be damaged?

I highly recommend everyone to switch off their automatic Wii Connect24 service right now as it is a retarded piece of crap Nintendo made to get more money...

Thanks,
    Xandu.

2. ciper

Member ciper GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Had my Wii since launch. Kept WiiConnect24 on for 18 months straight with no issues.

You have no proof that WiiConnect24 caused the issue. What if it was a power surge during the night?

3. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    No it didnt.

4. guihome

Newcomer guihome Member

Canada
    Possible

When I let on wii connect 24 I saw 2 circle of different color. Probably GPU overheating because wii connect protocol work like shit.
    So from now on I only connect when I play.

Sorry pal

Good luck

Try send it to nintendo.

[​IMG]

5. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Do you have a modchip installed?

I heard that you should always turn off your Wii Connect24 before installing any modchip. If you don't, there's a risk of Wii Connect24 not working anymore.

But sorry about your problem, D;

I would bitch at a Nintendo support dude on the phone and demand a new Wii since it wasn't your fault.

If they still try and charge you, threaten to blow up the persons car. Or something,

6. klyick

Newcomer klyick Advanced Member

United States
    There ain't no way that WiiConnect did anything. It sounds like you have some troublesome hardware.