WII CONNECT 24 RECIEVE MAIL?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Goats_milk, Sep 18, 2010.

Sep 18, 2010
  1. Goats_milk
    OP

Newcomer Goats_milk Newbie

Australia
    hi there, im wondering if it is possible to recieve mail while im playing a wii game. This is so that i know when friends are online. i have wii connect 24 on. standyby connection is on. i am running usbloader config and i thought that might be the problem cos i recieve the emails as soon as i quit the game. Is this just a usbloader config thing? or for some reason is the wii actually setup not to recieve emails while playing?? thanks. (p.s. slot illumination is on)

thanks in advance.

2. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    I do believe that the Wii can only receive messages when ur in the menu and not when ur playing games, which is unfortunate. It doesn't matter if the Wii is modded or not this still holds true.

3. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

The slot should light up if you receive mail while playing a game. It's more likely to happen if the game is using the internet, otherwise it only checks for mail every 7 minutes or so.

4. boof222

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I'm quite sure you can receive mail while playing a game. Just as long as you have wii connect24 on, it should work.

5. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Yes you can.

Iv'e gotton mail while playing games before.

6. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    You can only recieve mail while playing certain games, mostly, but not only first-party games (and by far not all first-party games) made in late 2007 and later. WC24 must be enabled, of course. The drive slot will then light up the same way as when in the menu (slowly flashing when recieving a mail from Nintendo or channel announcements, faster when recieving mail from friends)