Wii Component/VGA Audio

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by tigris, Dec 5, 2010.

Dec 5, 2010

Wii Component/VGA Audio by tigris at 1:40 PM (1,502 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. tigris
    OP

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    OK, so the Wii AV/Composite/480i Cable RVL-009 (R/Y/W Cables supplied in box) has Red/White Audio Cables that go into my amplifier.

The Component Cables/480p (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=221905)...will it also be compatible with the Red/White Audio Cables in my amplifier? Also, my TV, BUSH LCD27TV022HD does not have Component slots, so if I connect a VGA/HDMI Adaptor to the Component Cables, WILL THE Red/White Cables still be free for me to insert into my 2.1 Amp?

Oh, a quicker way as well- if i buy a Wii VGA Cable, will I still get 480p resolution and the cables to connect into my amp?

2. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Wii image can output up to 480p through component cables. A VGA will probably do the same, but using a different port.

Once while I was looking for component cables, I found a video in youtube where a guy was testing a VGA-combo Wii cable, where he was referring to "set to 480p res in Wii system menu, in order to have your LCD/computer screen detected your VGA Cable"

480i wouldn´t work with VGA combo cables.

So far I own a cheap component cable, which does a pretty nice job on my '52 SHARP LCD TV.

Wii Component cables consist of 5 - male plugs, three of them (Red, Green, Blue) are for video signal output, and the others 2 remaining (White, Red) stand for Stereo (L/R) Audio plugs.

3. tigris
    OP

United Kingdom
    My TV (HD) does not even have Component Ports. So, is there some kind of adaptor I can use to fit Component>VGA

4. Coto

Chile
    Yes there is.

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2007/10/31/vdig...a-cable-review/

This is exactly that I was trying to tell you. (I may acquire one later... hehe)

5. tigris
    OP

United Kingdom
    can i buy it on the high street? (UK)

6. Coto

Chile
    Don´t know, really bud.

Maybe @ebay?

7. Xii

Newcomer Xii Member

United States
    http://www.vdigi.com/ -=VD-W2 Wii VGA cable=-

I use it daily to play Wii. It ONLY does 480p. As the article says, there are few Wii games that are interlaced but you might want to consider this issue if you play a lot of GC games.