Hardware Wii Component Cable

lex luthor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 22" lcd tv. I've heard of Wii Component Cable that gives EDTV to the display and I also heard that it is useful only if you a have a larger TV 32" or +.

My question is this:

If I use those cables in a 22 Lcd TV will I see results or not?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes go buy them now just make sure to get the official brand stay away from cheap ones from HK
tongue.gif

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will see a difference no matter what size screen. Also, you don't need to get the official Nintendo cables, my 8$ Madcatz cables work just as well. Like Blade says though, I have heard some complaints about the 1$ cables.

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a Component Cable for wii which is made by Filipinos not from hongkong. its this one

CDR-KIng Component Cable

BTW: CDR King is a store here in the Philippines that makes some sort of "Rip off" of anything that is about computers like "CDR-King Micro SD" "CDR-King Mouse" Keyboard etc etc PS2 Controllers i think you get the point there.

now using my Wii on our CRT TV with the component cable works very well with enhanced graphics more colors.

BUT!!! when i connected it to my 24" LCD 1080p HD TV also using the same component cable it works but the problem is sometimes the Video gets no signal. but the audio is still there. like for example im playing No More Heroes 2 then suddenly my TV will get no Video Signal for 0.5-1 second and the video signal will be back..

with this i tested my TV using a Media Player called NBOX. connected it using Component Cables also displaying 720p of movies and there is no problem the Video & Audio signal does not come off.

so i need help do you think its my TV that can't Display 420p/420i (these are the display pixel of Wii using component cables) or is it the Component Cable of the Wii that can't Display 420p/420i.

Note:
CRT TV with Wii Component Cables = NO PROBLEM
HD TV with Wii Component Cables 420p = Video Signals gets lost (No Signal) for 0.5-1 second
HD TV with NBOX Media Player Component Cable 720p display = No Problem at all
HD TV With Wii RCA Cable = No Problem aslo

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
You'll definitely notice a difference right away, though it won't be anything close to PS3/Xbox 360 quality that's for sure. It's a nice jump, everything looks crisper and smoother, but if you don't really mind the graphics already with 480i, I don't think it's worth pitching into unless you're crazy for better quality looks.

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
^

but for my CRT TV it works well with the same Component Cables i used. is it possible that CRT TV makes 420p?

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
ohh sorry its 480p lol...

because what i have noticed is that on my LCD HD TV running the wii at 480p and 480i the problems occurs like while im playing suddenly video signal will cut of for 1 second and will comeback automatically.

and for my CRT TV using the same cables it has no problems.

and Using Component cables on my HD TV with 720p on a Media Player it also has no problems.

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
^
i already tried other Component cable from my Media Player called NBOX like this one NBOX
but if i use the component of the NBOX it displays 720p not 480p/480i

i think the last option is to buy a new Wii component cable but that will cause me some money T_T..

the thing that im not getting is that why on my CRT TV the component cable is 100% working

but when on my HD TV the component cable signal gets interrupted at some point.

my other conclusion is that on CRT TV it does not displays at 480p? so the cable has no problem but when it goes to my HD TV that displays 480p then thats the time the cable is having a hard time?

jessant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bought mine at CD-R king, when i tried it on my wii, now that the resolution of EDTV/HDTV/480p resolution is not greyed-out, i found out that the resolution has a small difference compare to standard composite cable of nintendo. I'm using LG 32LH70YR and adjusted the settings to game mode w/ tru-motion sets at high, the noise graphics resolution is somewhat visible so i had to lower the noise reduction on my TV, sharpness lowered, it's not that close to PS3 but the noise is very much visible because of the clarity.

@o2oxygen: i think the problem is in the component cable, i used my nbox also and no problem at all for my HDTV, sorry but i don't have CRT to test it but you could replace it to CD R king, then do it. I suggest if you could get a gold plated tip, surely it is much better but cost higher than this but the result is much satisfying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: como estas parce?