Hardware Wii-Clip v4C with D2Pro9 Problem

RGSPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed my D2Pro9 with the v4c version of the wii clip. I test it with the system apart with just the drive sitting on the wii and everything works fine. When I put mymetal case over the dvd drive and the top cover to the wii back on and screw it down it won't read any discs.

Does anyone know what would cause this? As soon as I take the cover/metal casing back off it works fine!

Would this have anything to do with the jumper called 'CLK' on the Wii-Clip? Should I try to solder the wire from point J to the wii motherboard (like it says on the Wii-Clip website in the D2Pro9 section) to see if that makes a difference or is that unrelated?

Any suggestions why this doesn't work with the top of the wii on? Any help appreciated-

Thanks!

gate0247

Trophies
XP
Country
try put the protective sticker on the underside of the chip or a piece of cardboard over the top of the black plastic bit to stop it touching any metal componants in the case.

RGSPro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already had both the protective sticker and the cardboard on the chip.

I soldered the J wire straight to the motherboard, removed the CLK jumper, then put a piece of tape on the chip side of the clip to hold it down, then put tape over the clip part to hold that down, put the cardboard wii-clip cardboard over the entire thing, updated the chip to v1.4 and fully assembled the wii back together. It's running flawlessly now- running all my backups for Wii and Gamecube as well as originals.

Thanks for the troubleshooting tips, btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin...