Hacking wii-clip v4c-9 w/ d2pro pre-soldered...

recacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just received my first wii-clip v4c-9 w/ d2pro pre-soldered from omc. my question is this...

my wii is new, never been hooked up to the television... do i need to hook it up and run it through one time before installing the clip? or can i simply install the clip and then hook up the wii for the first time?

also, i understand that the october 23rd update could render some wii's useless (perhaps i'm wrong about that)... but does that update only affect the softmod? or does it also affect a hardmod like the clip? do any updates affect a hardmod? by the way, i purchased the wii on monday so i seriously doubt it has that update.

i noticed a pic of the v4c-9 w/ d2pro on wii-clipdotcom and it looks nothing like what i received today. here are pics of my clip/chip...

dc2protopgl9.png

dc2probottomtl2.png

i'm not doubting omc's judgment on this, just thought it was unusual when comparing it to the wii-clip site.

just curious as i am really excited about getting this started. thanks in advance for any help.

recacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply monster... so i don't have to worry about updates giving me issues... nice.

the wii, thankfully, is not one of the newer releases with black epoxy over the security chip. i have cracked the bad boy opened before placing my order with omc. now just wondering about the issues i mentioned.

thanks for solving one of them, you rock!

recacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so i went ahead and put the console back together (without installing the clip/chip). i wanted to run the wii through an initial setup so at least i knew if the thing worked. so it's running smooth, wife & daughter are having fun playing wii-sport games.

for what its worth, i have version 3.3U

recacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another question... is there a benefit of adding the homebrew channel alongside my modchip? i am getting the impression by reading various posts here that it could help me recover my wii if it is rendered useless by a future update.

is this correct, or am i missing something?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Yes install the homebrew channel, many reasons, A homebrew lol, and piracy haha oh should i say that? anyway, there are many emulators full speed as well, nes, snes, genesis, master sys etc, VBA, all sorts, anyway you don't have to already of played on your wii , jsut go ahead and install it if you know what you're doing. good look!

recacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks dynamite. i'll review what is needed to get hombrew installed (i'm pretty sure i have a good idea). once i have that setup, i'll install the clip/chip and go from there.

thanks again!

by the way, oz mod chips kick ass!

my chip was picked up in melbourne by dhl on 4:16pm 11/20/08, travelled 7488 MI/12051 KM and arrived in my hands at 1:27pm 11/21/08...

now that is awesome service! thanks ryan!

recacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks again you hardcore muthafucka! (just checked out your mix site... gotta love that vestax 275... looks like we have similar setups).

is it necessary to run the wii updates at all? will certain games not play if a certain update is not run?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
is it necessary to run the wii updates at all? will certain games not play if a certain update is not run?
DON'T UPDATE, infact when your set up, downgrade to 3.2

QUOTEthanks again you hardcore muthafucka! (just checked out your mix site... gotta love that vestax 275... looks like we have similar setups).
Yeah i am one hardcore motherfucker!! im a quality DJ
tongue.gif

recacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downgrade eh? your the smart one. i'll research that as well. i just wanna be sure i 'build' this right the first time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE