OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm new here. I was just reading about the Wii-Clip. I tried modding my Wii some time ago, but my soldering skills weren't that great, and I would up pulling the pads I was supposed to be soldering my Wiikey to. From what I'm reading though, the Wii-Clip goes to a different place, and therefore the lack of pads on my Wii won't be a problem. Am I correct? They connect in different places, right? I'm basically trying to find out how easy this is before I place an order.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
The Wii Clip connects DIRECTLY on the IC legs.
So you will be able to use it whitout problems
wink.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RetroGamer said:
Thanks! One more question: I got my Wii about a week after the launch. Do I need to be concerned about the Wii-Clip not working with certain versions of the Wii Console?

Maybe, You will most likely have D2C

It depends on what wii-clip you mean, there is many versions.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With a 1 week after launch Wii, you'd most likely have DMS/D2A chip so you should be fine if you wanted Wiikey V3, Free Clip, Open Clip, Key Clip. Look at the specifics for each clip and find the best one that appeals.

RetroGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo-Scene Tracker this is working again today, so I plugged in my serial, and was told:

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-DMS.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

So I am going, as I said before, to get a Wiikey v3 Wii Clip.

That should be good, right?

Thanks for all the help, guys!

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, that'll do the job
smile.gif

I assume your wii works with originals with the lifted pad... Some pads need to be there, others don't. I believe most of the wiikey ones don't need to be repaired if you lift them.

RetroGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it works fine with regular games. I'm right on the edge of ordering a Wiikey Wii Clip. My wife is extremely hesitant about me doing it, though. We have a modded Xbox and an R4 in our DS, but she thinks modding the Wii will cause men in black suits to come drag me away to prison.

But, so far Nintendo hasn't shown any ability to detect the Wiikey, right? I'm just looking to play backups and maybe do some homebrew. (IE, the Homebrew Media Player that's supposed to be based off of XBMC.)

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you plan on ordering from Retro? Does the place you're ordering from solder the chip onto the WiiClip for you or are you gonna get the clip and the chip seperately and do it yourself? I am also looking into the WiiClip solution for a friend's Wii but I am looking for two things from the place my friend orders from. 1) Must be shipped within USA. 2) Chip must be Pre-Soldered onto Wii Clip so that I only have to clip it to the DVD Drive...

RetroGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ILLPLEASA said:
Where do you plan on ordering from Retro? Does the place you're ordering from solder the chip onto the WiiClip for you or are you gonna get the clip and the chip seperately and do it yourself? I am also looking into the WiiClip solution for a friend's Wii but I am looking for two things from the place my friend orders from. 1) Must be shipped within USA. 2) Chip must be Pre-Soldered onto Wii Clip so that I only have to clip it to the DVD Drive...

Probably Mod Chip Central.
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Wii-cl...ikey-p-110.html

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
I would say dont get the WiiClip V3.
Get the KeyClip. Why?. 1) Its small. 2) Its cheaper than a WiiClip V3 + WiiKey clone. 4) You can reflash it with the programmer at anytime
smile.gif

You can get the keyclip for around 22$ on dealextreme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol