Wii Classic Controller Pro, analog stick gets stuck in one position

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SWATlozar, Mar 27, 2017.

1. SWATlozar
    OP

SWATlozar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Croatia
    So I got a third-party controller off Amazon for 15$. I know I cannot expect it to be like the Nintendo one, but this is unacceptable. The buttons and right analog work fine, better than I expected, but then comes the left analog stick. It gets stuck after I push it in the upper-right position and I have to pull it back manually. Other than that it works fine, but it really kills the fun when I have to play a game which requires a lot of precision. The problem sometimes changes. Sometimes it doesn't get stuck, but feels rather woobly. Sometimes it gets stuck in a different position, like the right or lower-right.

Firstly, yes, I know that third-party controllers suck and don't last long. But note that I got this controller yesterday. I don't want to mess with Amazon anymore, I don't even know if they accept refunds (tell me if they do) plus the first-party controllers cost a fortune.
    Secondly, I searched through Google. All of the suggestions say that I need to either disassemble the controller or buy a new one. I'm not going to do either of those because, as I said, I got the controller yesterday and I'm not about to break it right away. Also, I'm not about to spend another 15$ on a controller that very likely would come in the same condition.

Any help fixing it without disassembling the controller is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    IIRC the original Classic Controller costs 20$.
    It seems you got a defect controller, ask for a refund.

3. SWATlozar
    OP

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Croatia
    Okay, I'm gonna check if a refund is possible. I would like to know if there is a solution in the meanwhile. Thanks.
    I forgot to mention I bought it through the italian Amazon. The original Classic Controller costs 35€ there. A little too expensive.

Last edited by SWATlozar, Mar 27, 2017
  4. SWATlozar
    OP

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Croatia
    The issue still persist. Amazon won't give me a refund and I'm not getting a new controller after just two days.

The analog stick works completely fine, it just gets stuck in one position and I have to return it again. Also, it started making a not-loud-but-annoying squeek. Please help me. I just want to play some SNES RPGs.