Hacking Wii Chips (Presoldered) witch to get

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to wait for the DriveKey and the Wasabi DX to fully be released. They require NO soldering. They are small chips that get hooked IN LINE (via the ribbon cable) between the DVD drive and the Wii board.

Pop it open, pull the cable, connect in the chip and included cable, and bam, ready to roll.

www.drivekey.com will let you look at it, and there are a few places that'll be offering them soon.

I know there was a production hiccup on the DriveKey (should have been released 2 weeks ago), but they should be ready to go in 2 weeks now.

Thats what I'M looking forward to
smile.gif

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like my clipped d29pro myself.

The drivekey looks promising except for the 3x speed... contrary to tests at wiinewz, 3x still gives problems with the backuploaders. So I would think it would be the same for that.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got a hold of some sample wasabi zero's and had the chance to try one out the other day. completely solder-less, the actual installation took only a few seconds after getting the wii dismantled.

I will be posting a review on wiinewz.com this weekend, however from the looks of it, the feature set is very nice.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Diffusion said:
Just the ribbon cables chips. The chips on wii-clips still run at 6x. Not that it matters, 3x seems to be only have issues with softmods.

thanks for that mate, i thinking of getting a d2pro or wiikeyv2 with a clip. so thank you for the info.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blitter said:
I 100% recommend you buy one of these (that's if you're half good at soldering) from (UK based): http://console-chips.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=204

thank you so much that site looks fab! im going to get a d2pro or wiikey 2 i think i have a dc2 , i will read up on it 1st

IT SAYS ON THERE SITE

This wiikey 2 + wii-clip bundle requires NO SOLDERING, the wii-clip is already presoldered for you, all you have to do is plug the wii-clip on top of the wii chipset. You can have your wii fully modded in less than 10 minutes!

sounds to good to be true!

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
d29 or wiikey v2 if you cant solder. no point getting a ribbon chip or softmodding when you can have the real thing at full speed and not have to piss around with your IOS.

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
swf3 said:
blitter said:
I 100% recommend you buy one of these (that's if you're half good at soldering) from (UK based): http://console-chips.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=204

thank you so much that site looks fab! im going to get a d2pro i think, i will read up on it 1st

A few things;
1) Like Phratt says, soldering is dangerous. If you have never done it before then you SHOULD practice on an old PCI card's chip, or similar. Do not attempt to solder to your Wii until you are confident. And even then, wait until you are relaxed and have a steady hand.

2) Follow the official install guide: http://www.d2pro.com/downloads/installD2pro5-6-9V1.5.pdf
For the exact chip being sold at the link provided, you only have to connect 6 wires. D, E, and F are *NOT* needed.

3) Buy a flux pen (Maplin have one for a fiver)

4) Again, take your time. You will only (hopefully) need to do this once.

5) Good Luck, and enjoy =]

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
6) Do NOT update the chip's firmware. All games (GC too) work 100% as it comes.

7) Once installed, load up a game from your OWN region. Wii Sports is always a safe bet
wink.gif

8) I recommend Starfall or Preloader, rather than the downloadable config disk (which asks for a firmware update...not needed)

That's about it.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raziel5000 said:
i am not very solder-savy. so the clip clips over the chip and thats it?

EDIT: and it is 6x?

it says
With these wii clip bundles there is no need for any soldering*, all of the soldering is done by ourselves so you will receive the chip PRESOLDERED to the wii clip, this means you simply clip it into place and play all your games

* please visit ww.wii-clip.com for information regarding the wii clip and any soldering that may be needed.

3 Easy steps to modding your wii

1) Open up your console (5 min job)

2) click the wiiclip into the console (2 mins at most!)

3) Put the console back together (5min job done!)

http://console-chips.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=201 look and im told its x6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool