WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whenever you buy a modchip, please reply here with your experiences.

UPDATE!

The most complete list of Modchip retailers ever compiled (in all of history) has been wiki'fied for your convenience!

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Modchip_Retailers

Please help the community by adding new retailers and removing bad links from that page. Anyone can edit, so please help.

This thread should only be used to REVIEW retailers.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know what...I'm pretty sure at this point that this chip is a generalized chip that simply shorts several points of the Wii...I'm no engineer but I think the fact that only 5 wires have to be soldered on an 8 pin chip means that a generic version exists somewhere...otherwise the chip would have had only 5 pins...right??

Wait it out...this thing could very well only cost $4.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know what...I'm pretty sure at this point that this chip is a generalized chip that simply shorts several points of the Wii...I'm no engineer but I think the fact that only 5 wires have to be soldered on an 8 pin chip means that a generic version exists somewhere...otherwise the chip would have had only 5 pins...right??

Wait it out...this thing could very well only cost $4.

We have already figured out that the chip is a generic PIC chip. They cost about $2. But it's programmed, and probably they have burnt out the fuses or whatever it is that they do on a PIC chip to make it pretty much impossible to reverse engineer. So it's not so much they chip we're paying for but the few lines of code on the chip. So it doesn't short something, it does implement some logic, but it's just not very much.

D

Deleted User

It might be stupid but : how in the hell are we supposed to burn wii discs ? So far they are not burnable, no ?

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
79.90€ with installation ($103.28 USD)

Christ. Hopefully including postage
blink.gif

wiinjana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering where I can go / which mod I can talk to in order to have my site advertised here?

I have been in talks with Wiinja.com and Microninja to become a North American reseller of the Wiinja and should be added to the site shortly. I would like to get a head start on the forums, where it really counts
wink.gif

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, WiinjaNorthAmerica.com IS LEGIT AND CONFIRMED BY TEAM NINJA.

No offense man, but your site looks shadier than any of the spanish ones, and I can't even read spanish. Seems a little fishy to be a retailer that only sells a single item.

Could you post a pic of your Wiinja stock when you get them in?

If you want to advertise on the front page, contact this guy:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=9099

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, WiinjaNorthAmerica.com IS LEGIT AND CONFIRMED BY TEAM NINJA.

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering where I can go / which mod I can talk to in order to have my site advertised here?

I have been in talks with Wiinja.com and Microninja to become a North American reseller of the Wiinja and should be added to the site shortly. I would like to get a head start on the forums, where it really counts
wink.gif

SCAM!!!

wiinjana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No offense man, but your site looks shadier than any of the spanish ones, and I can't even read spanish. Seems a little fishy to be a retailer that only sells a single item, and also that Team Ninja would give up their usual North American retailer, jandaman.com.

Could you post a pic of your Wiinja stock when you get them in?

If you want to advertise on the front page, contact this guy:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=9099

Sure thing Woolly. As Microninja said, he won't be shipping chips until Feb. 1st. Then the resellers need to get them and reship. I will post as soon as i get the chips in.

As for now Medhi, give me a friggen break.... you don't ask a single question you just post SCAM!... that doesn't help me at all..

And to address what you said with the 1 item Wooly. I just got the site up last night, and it is geared solely for the Wiinja. I will get other items up there like electrical solder and a couple guns and whatnot, but again, its geared solely for the Wiinja.

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, THE SITE IS LEGIT AND CONFIRMED BY TEAM NINJA.

Alright, I'm sure you understand my reluctance to put your site on the list. If you can think of any other sort of proof you're real, like a link from www.Wiinja.com, that would help your case.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, I'm sure you understand my reluctance to put your site on the list. If you can think of any other sort of proof you're real, like a link from Wiinja.com, that would help your case.

wiinjana, assures me that later today his website will be added to the official reseller list. So how about you don't call 'scam' straight way. When the site appears on the official reseller list then you might want to add it to list in this topic
wink.gif

lecture.gif

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I've decided to throw caution to the wind and have just ordered the wiinja from futura online.
With postage it's costing just under $80 AU.
I'll keep you informed of how they go.

wiinjana, if you are going to be posting worldwide can you get some shipping costs for single or multiple chips?
I hope you get some soon and can sell them on because I'm fairly sure there will be a large demand for them at least until another chip arrives.
There are a lot of skeptics here at GBAtemp when it comes to online retailers, don't take it to heart. The more you can do to be transparent and honest in your business the better.
It's easy to write you off when you are accepting money for a product you don't have and people aren't even sure is any good. You are unknown to the GBAtemp community yet.
It will be different once you've sold a few and have your customers do the posting for you.
Hope they are happy customers! good luck.

wiinjana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot for the post,

I completely understand and agree with you. I've been on the receiving end of ordering from an unknown source and luckily I have never been stiffed, although I can't say as much for others.

Even futura-online has preordered the chips because, as I said earlier, Microninja isn't sending them out until 2/1/2007.

I hope to gain at least one or two pre-orders from this forum so I can have reviewers ASAP. I'm primarily tailoring to North America, as Europe is under control by the bigger sites like Future-Online and Tuconsola. I'm sure once Microninja puts me in the reseller area I will have some more business.

Again, I'm willing and ready to answer any questions I can for now. Good luck on youe Wiinja and keep us posted
biggrin.gif

Well I've decided to throw caution to the wind and have just ordered the wiinja from futura online.
With postage it's costing just under $80 AU.
I'll keep you informed of how they go.

wiinjana, if you are going to be posting worldwide can you get some shipping costs for single or multiple chips?
I hope you get some soon and can sell them on because I'm fairly sure there will be a large demand for them at least until another chip arrives.
There are a lot of skeptics here at GBAtemp when it comes to online retailers, don't take it to heart. The more you can do to be transparent and honest in your business the better.
It's easy to write you off when you are accepting money for a product you don't have and people aren't even sure is any good. You are unknown to the GBAtemp community yet.
It will be different once you've sold a few and have your customers do the posting for you.
Hope they are happy customers! good luck.

DKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tuconsola.com is trustworthy AFAIK.
yaypsp.gif

Futura-Online is so-so, some people had problems with it in the past. My advice is to avoid it.
lecture.gif

Dont know anything about techworld (first time I've heard it).
blink.gif

Good luck.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I made a thread earlier, seems that www.modchipstore.com is good and accepts straight visa, while gamersection.ca also sells it, but has poor customer service, and realhotstuff.com, and last but not least modchip-store.co.uk

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the post,

I completely understand and agree with you...

I hope to gain at least one or two pre-orders from this forum so I can have reviewers ASAP.

Sorry for doubting you, I just saw your link on www.wiinja.com Now I'm hoping I make the first 100 orders so I get that free shipping!

Tuconsola.com is trustworthy AFAIK.
yaypsp.gif

Futura-Online is so-so, some people had problems with it in the past. My advice is to avoid it.
lecture.gif

Thanks for letting us know.

QUOTE(imgod22222 @ Jan 28 2007, 09:23 AM)I made a thread earlier, seems that www.modchipstore.com is good and accepts straight visa, while gamersection.ca also sells it, but has poor customer service, and realhotstuff.com, and last but not least modchip-store.co.uk

None of those stores have pre-orders for Wiinja at this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun