Hardware Wii *chip retailers, prices and reviews

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I received my wiinja modchip from futura-online.com today with UPS.

It came in the nice red wiinja box and i already installed it, works perfect.

100% recommended!

Phunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there no resselers in the UK? I know Wiinja.com has cheapmod.com as a UK seller but cheapmod have removed any information they had about the Wiinja. Probably because the site has somehting to do with max console who we all know are biased toward the Cyclowiz.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried to cancel their order of Cyclowiz?

There will be no need for me to do this if the CycloWiz plays both U and J games.

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a review out for CycloWiz
smile.gif

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=13974

Maxconsole posts advertisements, not reviews.

for the dutch:

http://www.wiimodchip.nl

sells both Wiinja and Cyclowiz. Haven't bought anyhing there but they claim to be the official import-club in the Netherlands.

wiinja €50
cyclowiz €60

(bit expensive?)

Thanks, adding it now.

QUOTE(lenselijer @ Feb 2 2007, 12:51 PM)I received my wiinja modchip from futura-online.com today with UPS.
It came in the nice red wiinja box and i already installed it, works perfect.
100% recommended!

You're the first replier who actually has a modchip!

DirtyH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
for the dutch:

http://www.wiimodchip.nl

sells both Wiinja and Cyclowiz. Haven't bought anyhing there but they claim to be the official import-club in the Netherlands.

wiinja €50
cyclowiz €60

(bit expensive?)

there are several german shops which offer the cyclowiz for under 40 euro
and i think they all can deliver to the Netherlands.
even with shipping this should be cheaper than that shop

boblen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aussie-play.com
XP
Country
Yer €50 is a Wiinja is really expensive. the €60 for the cyclowiz...
May as well just spend $55 and get free shipping
tongue.gif

cyclo have also made a NDS/GBA cart?

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sebastiaanborghstijn.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yer €50 is a Wiinja is really expensive. the €60 for the cyclowiz...
May as well just spend $55 and get free shipping
tongue.gif

cyclo have also made a NDS/GBA cart?

hey man enough with the spam
rofl2.gif

but indeed, can't imagine why anyone would order local except for warrenty or something
smile.gif

kdanarch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried to cancel their order of Cyclowiz?

There will be no need for me to do this if the CycloWiz plays both U and J games.

I cancelled my CycloWiz from modchipman... first because I forgot to apply the 7 dollars off coupon, but after hanging around this board I decided I'd just cancel it all the way, and apply that coupon to a Wiinja.

Nintendo really made this just a little too easy, don't you think? And it's crazy how everyone crawled out of the woodwork to make advancements on modifying the Wii all at once.

I guess their hype marketing campaign worked against them. But then again they've got the "Blue Ocean" of all those folks who actually have the cash to play games, or just straight up aren't interested in ever opening their precious console.

Wober

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried to buy Wiinja from ChipSpain..... I made the payement with paypal but my order wasn't registered....
After, they send me a refund Wihout asking me If I wanted it (in fact I didn't want their refund but the chip).
After Two days my money were in my credit card......

DO NOT BUY FROM CHIPSPAIN THE WIINJA....

PS: Dear e-bay...finally I bouth the chip

Phunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just ordered 5 Wiinjas from www.futura-online.com . I got instant live help via MSN and up to this point a 1st class service. I'll repost when they appear and ive fitted one.

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there no resselers in the UK? I know Wiinja.com has cheapmod.com as a UK seller but cheapmod have removed any information they had about the Wiinja. Probably because the site has somehting to do with max console who we all know are biased toward the Cyclowiz.

cheapmod.com has now added the Wiinja to their website with a price of £29.95 (inc VAT) + Delivery. They estimate having stock on 07/02/2007.

They are also selling the TriWing Screwdriver for £4.95 (inc VAT).

I have used cheapmod.com before when I bought my SC Lite and I found them very good to deal with. They answered all my questions quickly and my items arrived the next day.

However I must say that I am more tempted to buy from Futura-Online, as they selling the Wiinja chip with the TriWing Screwdriver for €39.95 plus €9.00 for delivery (total of €48.95, about £33.75), mainly because they seem to be shipping faster than anyone else.

Phunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

cheapmod.com has now added the Wiinja to their website with a price of £29.95 (inc VAT) + Delivery. They estimate having stock on 07/02/2007.

They are also selling the TriWing Screwdriver for £4.95 (inc VAT).

I have used cheapmod.com before when I bought my SC Lite and I found them very good to deal with. They answered all my questions quickly and my items arrived the next day.

However I must say that I am more tempted to buy from Futura-Online, as they selling the Wiinja chip with the TriWing Screwdriver for €39.95 plus €9.00 for delivery (total of €48.95, about £33.75), mainly because they seem to be shipping faster than anyone else.

Well i was told by Futura that they have stock of the Wiinja but they have no screw drivers untill wednesday but i was willing to do without the screwdriver so they said my chips will be sent out first thing monday by UPS 48-72hr delivery. Like i said i bought 5 and with shipping included it has worked out at £29.40 per chip.
biggrin.gif
bow.gif

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Phunt: Well, that would explain why they state that they have no stock on their website.

Only thing is that I need the screwdriver, so guess I will have to wait until Wednesday to order mine.

Phunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Phunt: Well, that would explain why they state that they have no stock on their website.

Only thing is that I need the screwdriver, so guess I will have to wait until Wednesday to order mine.

I did a test run dismantleing of my Wii yesterday and i just used a modified clockmakers flathead screwdriver (i filed the corners off) and all went well. I actually bought a 33piece security bit set off ebay last week because it contained 4 tri wing bits but they were all too big
frown.gif

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I did a test run dismantleing of my Wii yesterday and i just used a modified clockmakers flathead screwdriver (i filed the corners off) and all went well. I actually bought a 33piece security bit set off ebay last week because it contained 4 tri wing bits but they were all too big
frown.gif

I already had a security bit set, but found the same problem as you - all too big. Did think about modding a small screw driver, but was worried about damaging the screws - will have another look at it, maybe build up the courage and go for it.

I have the soldering iron (15w), wire and solder etc.

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sebastiaanborghstijn.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
And another cheap dealer:

http://www.hjconsoletuning.eu

located in the Netherlands, for a limited time only €35,- for a wiinja, and €70,- built-in. I have just ordered one and they are really fast in communication (as in immediately
tongue.gif
)

They'll get another shipment this thursday/friday so when you're quick you can have it this weekend or monday!
grog.gif

Just hoping it's for real
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)