Wii *chip retailers, prices and reviews

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Warm Woolly Shee, Jan 28, 2007.

Jan 28, 2007
  1. Warm Woolly Shee
    OP

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Whenever you buy a modchip, please reply here with your experiences.

UPDATE!

The most complete list of Modchip retailers ever compiled (in all of history) has been wiki'fied for your convenience!

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Modchip_Retailers

Please help the community by adding new retailers and removing bad links from that page. Anyone can edit, so please help.

This thread should only be used to REVIEW retailers.

2. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    You know what...I'm pretty sure at this point that this chip is a generalized chip that simply shorts several points of the Wii...I'm no engineer but I think the fact that only 5 wires have to be soldered on an 8 pin chip means that a generic version exists somewhere...otherwise the chip would have had only 5 pins...right??

Wait it out...this thing could very well only cost $4.

3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

We have already figured out that the chip is a generic PIC chip. They cost about $2. But it's programmed, and probably they have burnt out the fuses or whatever it is that they do on a PIC chip to make it pretty much impossible to reverse engineer. So it's not so much they chip we're paying for but the few lines of code on the chip. So it doesn't short something, it does implement some logic, but it's just not very much.

4. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    It might be stupid but : how in the hell are we supposed to burn wii discs ? So far they are not burnable, no ?

5. Warm Woolly Shee
    OP

United States
    Hey guys* thanks for replying with your reviews**!

*assholes

**shit

6. Nightstalker

Member Nightstalker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wouldn't the only people who have it so far talk spanish?

7. Alastair

Member Alastair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Christ. Hopefully including postage [​IMG]

8. wiinjana

Newcomer wiinjana Newbie

Canada
    I was wondering where I can go / which mod I can talk to in order to have my site advertised here?

I have been in talks with Wiinja.com and Microninja to become a North American reseller of the Wiinja and should be added to the site shortly. I would like to get a head start on the forums, where it really counts [​IMG]

9. Warm Woolly Shee
    OP

United States
    EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, WiinjaNorthAmerica.com IS LEGIT AND CONFIRMED BY TEAM NINJA.

No offense man, but your site looks shadier than any of the spanish ones, and I can't even read spanish. Seems a little fishy to be a retailer that only sells a single item.

Could you post a pic of your Wiinja stock when you get them in?

If you want to advertise on the front page, contact this guy:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=9099

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, WiinjaNorthAmerica.com IS LEGIT AND CONFIRMED BY TEAM NINJA.

10. Mehdi

Member Mehdi Lemonade by Psyfira

Netherlands
    SCAM!!!

11. wiinjana

Newcomer wiinjana Newbie

Canada
    Sure thing Woolly. As Microninja said, he won't be shipping chips until Feb. 1st. Then the resellers need to get them and reship. I will post as soon as i get the chips in.

As for now Medhi, give me a friggen break.... you don't ask a single question you just post SCAM!... that doesn't help me at all..

And to address what you said with the 1 item Wooly. I just got the site up last night, and it is geared solely for the Wiinja. I will get other items up there like electrical solder and a couple guns and whatnot, but again, its geared solely for the Wiinja.

12. Warm Woolly Shee
    OP

United States
    EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, THE SITE IS LEGIT AND CONFIRMED BY TEAM NINJA.

Alright, I'm sure you understand my reluctance to put your site on the list. If you can think of any other sort of proof you're real, like a link from www.Wiinja.com, that would help your case.

13. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    wiinjana, assures me that later today his website will be added to the official reseller list. So how about you don't call 'scam' straight way. When the site appears on the official reseller list then you might want to add it to list in this topic [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Well I've decided to throw caution to the wind and have just ordered the wiinja from futura online.
    With postage it's costing just under $80 AU.
    I'll keep you informed of how they go.

wiinjana, if you are going to be posting worldwide can you get some shipping costs for single or multiple chips?
    I hope you get some soon and can sell them on because I'm fairly sure there will be a large demand for them at least until another chip arrives.
    There are a lot of skeptics here at GBAtemp when it comes to online retailers, don't take it to heart. The more you can do to be transparent and honest in your business the better.
    It's easy to write you off when you are accepting money for a product you don't have and people aren't even sure is any good. You are unknown to the GBAtemp community yet.
    It will be different once you've sold a few and have your customers do the posting for you.
    Hope they are happy customers! good luck.

15. wiinjana

Newcomer wiinjana Newbie

Canada
    Thanks a lot for the post,

I completely understand and agree with you. I've been on the receiving end of ordering from an unknown source and luckily I have never been stiffed, although I can't say as much for others.

Even futura-online has preordered the chips because, as I said earlier, Microninja isn't sending them out until 2/1/2007.

I hope to gain at least one or two pre-orders from this forum so I can have reviewers ASAP. I'm primarily tailoring to North America, as Europe is under control by the bigger sites like Future-Online and Tuconsola. I'm sure once Microninja puts me in the reseller area I will have some more business.

Again, I'm willing and ready to answer any questions I can for now. Good luck on youe Wiinja and keep us posted [​IMG]

16. DKnight

Newcomer DKnight Member

Spain
    Tuconsola.com is trustworthy AFAIK. [​IMG]
    Futura-Online is so-so, some people had problems with it in the past. My advice is to avoid it. [​IMG]
    Dont know anything about techworld (first time I've heard it). [​IMG]

Good luck.

17. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    I made a thread earlier, seems that www.modchipstore.com is good and accepts straight visa, while gamersection.ca also sells it, but has poor customer service, and realhotstuff.com, and last but not least modchip-store.co.uk

18. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Wiinjana:

Whereabouts in Canada are you located? Not exactly, just gimme an idea where you would be shipping from.

19. Warm Woolly Shee
    OP

United States
    None of those stores have pre-orders for Wiinja at this time.

20. unusername

Member unusername GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    I talk spanish...but don't have it...snif