Hacking Wii Chip Advice

sheikah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would they want a forum? It'd be full of people flaming the team and idiots crying about updates taking time.

Oh yes, because that's what happens on Team Cyclops' Forum. No. Why must people make such ridiculously uninformed comments? There's a request forum on Cyclo where people can say what they think is missing, and people are listened to. When someone gets a faulty unit, they are responded to there. People also compile cheats for the CycloDS, and announcements are made to keep people updated on what's happening.

How daft can someone be to ask what use a forum is? Are you bloody serious?

QUOTE said:
As for "DR" I'll assume you mean DL... And they had it working fine for GC games so it was in. The Wii DL discs didn't EXIST as far as the public was concerned until about a week ago, no one could have predicted that SSBB would be handled in the manner it was and it's completely understandable that it's not supported.

Why is it completely understandable it's not supported? Was the concept that a DL disc would at some point be used for Wii so unfathomable? Another thing I like about Cyclo, they think ahead.

Also, it's not as simple. CycloWiz can disable itself with the reset button when powering on, so even if the Cyclo had no DL support it could still play the legit game on a Japanese Wii.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why not agree to disagree, because you're going around in circles.

i'm a wiikey owner myself and was disappointed that the cyclowiz was the better chip when it came to 1) audiofix 2) SMG and now 3) SSBX - the Cyclo team have been one step ahead each time.

This doesn't mean the wiikey team are bad in any way, it just means they're slower and that's not so bad unless it's severeal months of waiting (like with the initial audiofix issue), but with SMG they did it in a few days, SSBX may take longer if they're trying to obtain a legit copy.

The biggest problem is other people's impatience when you're a pirate you expect things which really shouldn't be expected as a non-paying user. It's a privilege not a right to be a pirate, and that's often forgotten,

We're all trying to get to the same goal which is play a highly anticipated title very early without paying for it. There's no need to kill each other and turn fanboys over this. Brand loyalty is stupid.

EmeraldEx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
ok.
does anybody know if a real copy of Jap Brawl would play on a Pal chipped with D2Ckey?

To make this completely clear:
Chip PAL Wii with D2Ckey.
Import REAL GENUINE Japanese Brawl.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
EmeraldEx - I think a _LOT_ of people are wanting to know the answer to that. No answer has been given...

If money is no factor....try ordering a Japanese Wii + game bundled from japan for like $450AUS. It only takes 5 days.

just lol...

EDIT - also...if it does not read the original copy then that doesn't mean it won't play a backup copy. they are printed slightly different...

d2ckey seems to work in the US for a legit game, and i've had no problem here in Australia myself playing import games on my chipped wii...

just have to wait I guess, or test yourself. my friend ordered the game legit and I know it will arive in 2-3 days but im sure bu then everyone will be able to play it. If not, I guess i can post any news, but I don't think this mess will last this long...

EmeraldEx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Money isn't important chip wise, I certainly don't have enough to spare to buy another Wii + Brawl.

and uh, I'm obviously not the only person wanting answers, so I guess I'll just have to wait 'till somebody finally figures it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs