Hardware Wii Chat

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?
Are you talking about Wii Speak? There's a Wii Speak Channel from Nintendo that lets you talk to people in your Wii Address Book...

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There was another app called "Wii Connect", not to be confused with "WiiConnect24" that was supposed to implement a desktop of sorts, allowing instant messaging and email capabilities. Its very undeveloped, and I don't think there's been an update for months...

Don't bother downloading it, its not worth your time (yet). Nothing works. Hopefully its still being worked on. Here is the wiibrew page.

Edit: Looks like its not going anywhere...

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiThoko said:
What?
Are you talking about Wii Speak? There's a Wii Speak Channel from Nintendo that lets you talk to people in your Wii Address Book...

Yes...sorry...I am talking about the Wii Speak. With peripherals coming out all the time, such as the camera with Jenny McCarthy's fitness game, is there ever a chance that there might be some sort of video chat? And with the Wii Speak channel, do you need to be playing a game to talk to other friends?

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
WiiThoko said:
What?

Yes...sorry...I am talking about the Wii Speak. With peripherals coming out all the time, such as the camera with Jenny McCarthy's fitness game, is there ever a chance that there might be some sort of video chat? And with the Wii Speak channel, do you need to be playing a game to talk to other friends?
No, you can't play a game and chat with friends unless the game supports Wii Speak (ATM, just The Conduit and Animal Crossing:City Folk) It's just a channel you go to and you can talk to people on your friend list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end