Wii Channel Limitations with NAND Emu??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Charlie C, Aug 12, 2010.

Aug 12, 2010
  1. Charlie C
    OP

Newcomer Charlie C Member

United States
    I just started to play around with NAND emulation the last couple days (SNEEK, UNEEK) and I've noticed that although you can install as many wads as you can fit on the emulated NAND, the wii system menu only has about 4 pages that you can actually use. My question is this, has anyone found any kind of workaround for this to create more "channel spaces" or would I need to use more than one backup NAND?? And is this also an issue with Triiforce? I was thinking about trying it out soon as well, as it looks like it has an entirely different GUI for running games altogether. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. dlf

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    *Dlf would like to know this as well.

3. LocoRoco

Member LocoRoco GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    sneek/uneek has a limit of 47 channels there isnt a workaround ....100% compatibility

triiforce=unlimited...cant load some games

uLoader=unlimited...easy way to play vc/wiiware=needs hermes cios 5.1 and cant load some games

4. alexcalibur

Member alexcalibur GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't tried this because I can't even think of enough games that I want that would fill up all the pages. But IF you can install unlimited channels to sneek (idk I haven't done it like I said), the problem is just that you can't access any after the pages run out right?

If that's the case, I imagine you could just install a gecko OS channel (make sure it's on one of the pages), and use that to launch the games.

Anyone see any flaws with this? Of course, it depends on whether you can keep installing after the pages fill up - which I assume you can.

5. dlf

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If Triiforce probably looked more like the Wii menu and has better customization I'd probably use it . . . Though if you are running UNEEK can triiforce read the USB nand, or would it read the "USB nand" as the "real nand"?

6. alexcalibur

Member alexcalibur GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The fastest way to find out would be to try it. My guess would be that if triiforce was on sneek, you would select the real nand to load from, and it would display the titles installled on sneek. But sd card access is disabled by default in sneek, and I think triiforce has some sd card calls on startup that would freeze it (could be wrong here). However, if it doesn't freeze, it should work perfectly. (keyword: should. I guarantee nothing [​IMG])

btw, I tried installing a geckoOS channel, and it worked great. I could see all of my sneek titles just fine. if you don't know what geckoOS is, it is primarily a game launcher, but the newer revisions also can launch channels. So it basically does what you want in this situation

7. marc_max

Member marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    Triiforce can be used without using Waninkoko's NAND emulator. So if you run Triiforce on SNEEK you will be able to run any title installed on SNEEK NAND, without any limit and with the same compatibility.
    If you want a good UI, you will have to wait.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8. dlf

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If I could get a working UNEEK (USB, not SD) I probably consider (or may) use triiforce but I'd have to get a working NAND first.

9. LocoRoco

Member LocoRoco GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i like the new UI

10. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Woah, how do you get that?? IS that the latest from WiiPower? (ie. the original project instead of MRC) If it is, does it still require rev14 or will 17 work with it as well?

11. Charlie C
    OP

Newcomer Charlie C Member

United States
    Yeah the Gecko OS Channel sounds like it would probably be the option I'm looking for. I've used it in the past, but I didn't know the newer revisions could load channels too, sounds like the best way to go about it to me. And I'm not really sure if u could use Triiforce and Sneek/Uneek together since the SD access is restricted, which seems to be the biggest setback of using those apps. Still really cool stuff tho as I'm nearly out of NAND space already just on savegame files. Lol [​IMG]

And who really wants to try to sort thru game compatibility anyway?? Although I'm sure that would improve with later revisions of Triiforce and uLoader as well...

Also, does anyone know a way to restore a NAND backup to a .bin file after extracting it for to use with ShowMiiWADS, assuming it's still small enough to use. i.e. for installing or removing any channels, titles, etc. from the NAND??